Chapter 9

Grayson and Ethan decided that I should learn how to use weapons better, not like a gun, but more like pocket knifes, they gave me a few and told me the best places to put them in case I need to quickly grab it. After that since I was new to NJ they showed cool places that they liked to go. I had to say my favorite was the overlook, it was a huge rock that showed an entire view of the town all the buildings the roads. It looked even better with the sun setting behind it. I couldn't help but smile. I saw Grayson staring at me so I looked over and asked, "What?" I don't think he was aware of what he was saying because the words out of his mouth were, "Your smile is amazing." I laughed and snapped my fingers in front of his face, "Uh... Hello... Grayson are you in there." He snapped out of it, "Uhh...did I say anything out loud?" I laughed again, "Yes" "Oh sh*t" He said and walked closer to me staring into my eyes, " You will not remember anything I said to you." I looked at him confused, "Why can't I?" Ethan giggled in the background, "Haha dude, she's probably wearing revane, you can't erase he memory about what you said." He was bent over laughing now, Grayson looked embarrassed, I giggled a bit also, "It's fine, your smile isn't that bad either" He looked even more embarrassed, "That's what I said?" Ethan and I answered,  "Yep" popping the p at the end. Grayson muttered, " Damn it" Ethan must have seen how embarrassed he was and said, " We should get back its getting late, we'll be safer inside, more vampires tend to come out at night." I suddenly got nervous, "There's more vampires in town?" Grayson said, "Yeah, Ethan's right we should get back, not only do they come out, but they are more likely to attack and we don't like to kill other vampires since we are the one in charge of them." We started going to the car, "Why can't you just tell them not to." I asked. Ethan answered now, " Not all of them know us, they don't know who we are, but they deserve freedom. But there pretty good, not all of them attack humans, some drink from blood bags like us, but others are referred to rippers, they feed off humans, they either just drink some blood from the human, compel them to forget and leave or they can drink them until they are completely drained or rip their heads off." My eyes widened at the last part, "Oh" was all I managed to say. Ethan answered, " Yeah, it's messed up" We got in the car and left.