• twenty two •

i know i know this is super later and im the worst at updating, life has just been super stressful, on to the story, I know this is a 2Jae fanfic but this chapter will focus a bit on Jackson just BC I want to give everyone a sort of happy ending

____

Mark sat in his room thinking about everything that had just happened. He's always seen Jinyoung as a complete jerk but that day, the day he saved him, he saw him in a different light. He was actually a very nice person.

They had been texting back and forth since that day and had gotten very close, a bit too close. He had begun to feel something for him and Jinyoung did too.

The only problem is that he was afraid what his friends would think.

"Hey Jackson, can we talk?" he called for him as he ran into him on the way to the school entrance.

"Of course, what's up Markie Poo?"

He laughed at the nickname Jackson had given him and began to feel less nervous to make his announcement.

They walked to the corner of the building and he prepared himself.

"So um. . . you know Jinyoung. . . well me and him have kind of been talking-," he paused to see Jackson's reaction but was unable to read his expression, "-and well we're together. . . dating I mean."

Jackson just paused for a long time before forming a smile, "that's great."

"I know that you don't like him, but he's really nice and all that 'mean boy' is just an act-"

"No no, it doesn't matter what I think, if you like him and he makes you happy than that's all that matters," he smiled. "I should head to class thought, I dont want to be late."

Mark smiled back and waved him goodbye.

Jackson's whole body felt numb, he could feel his cheeks becoming wet and he quickly made a sharp turn and headed to the bathroom, closing the stall door behind him.

He rubbed his eyes and slapped himself, "Get yourself together, just be happy for him."

When it was lunch time, he noticed Jinyoung sitting at their table, so he had assumed that everyone else had heard the news as well.

He sat down and forced a smile.

"Wow look at us becoming part of the popular squad, 7 bros, we should call our squad name Dab7 Squad." Bambam announced while everyone sighed.

"But bro, did you see her ass though?" Yugyeom yelled a bit too loud.

"Dude YES," Bambam replied with as much enthusiasm.

Jackson noticed how everyone had gotten along and that made him very happy but every time he would get a glimpse of Mark and Jinyoung laughing and playfully nudging each other, it was painful to watch but he told himself to just smile and pretend everything was okay.

Later that day he didn't feel like going home so instead he headed to his favorite little cafe that made the best cheesecake.

He had to admit to himself at one point that he was hurt and maybe he was being a bit dramatic about it all.

"Is the cheesecake not good?"

He looked up to see a handsome worker smiling down at him as he poked at his cheesecake, not realizing he hadn't taken one bite.

"Sorry, the cheesecake is amazing. .. I'm sorry."

The boy laughed and sat next to him, "I could tell you were in deep thought, do you want to talk about it?"

"You don't even know me, why waste your time listening to my pathetic stories,"

"I don't know, I guess its because I think you're really cute."

That made Jackson smile, he didn't know this person but it was still nice to receive such a compliment.

"Well the person I've been in love with, they have a boyfriend now. . ."

"Ahh, well I'm sorry, she's missing out on such a wonderful person as yourself."

"She's a he," Jackson laughed.

"Ohh, even better," he smirked.

"How is that better?"

"It means I have a chance."

Jackson watched as he pulled out a paper from his apron pocket and scribbled something.

"I have to get back to work but here you go," he handed him the paper, "That guy didn't deserve your love, but I can treat you better," and with that he walked back to the counter and disappeared into the back of the cafe.

Jackson opened the little paper and saw a phone number, and a name and smiled.

Lee Joo-heon.

___
dun dun duuun. yes I went there lmaoo
well guys this story is coming to an end soon, the next chapters will of course focus on the main ship 2Jaeeee