Date Night

When she let my face go, I just stared at her. Goddamn. "Now I know why you were such a hit with the ladies."

She smiled. "I never liked any of them, either. I just settled because you, as far as I knew, weren't into girls."

"I wasn't. It just happened so fast. I got my first lady boner and everything. Women are fucking nuts."

"Yeah, I've never not dealt with a crazy bitch. I love them."

"You like crazies, eh?" I ask.

"I think it's the sexiest shit ever. And when you broke in the first time, I knew I liked you."

"So, when I was going after Gabby, why didn't you say anything?"

"You were crazy about her. I saw your eyes when you mentioned her name. I couldn't hold you back from that. "

"So, why did you freak out on me when I told you I broke up with her and had more time to hang with you?"

"You put me second to her. After basically having you to myself for so long, I didn't like being put on the back burner. Also, I was on my period.. Sorry."

"It's alright. I acted up, too. I apologize for getting blood on your floor. I didn't really intend to punch anyone in their face, but whoooo she just had me fucked up."

By now, we were on the living room couch.

"You don't have to apologize. I was a little mad that I didn't get no ass, but I got over that as soon as I heard.. The news."

"..Yeah." I replied.

"I'd never admit this in front of everyone else, but, I cried like a fucking baby when I saw you laid up in the bed, not knowing if you were gonna pull through. No sleep, no nothing. Your last words to me would've been 'I hate you'. Do you understand how messed up I felt?"

I hugged her. "I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean that, I was just mad that you chose her over me. I mean, seriously?!"

"My bad, G. No more other girls from this point. I only want you. And don't you get involved with anyone else, either."

"You asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"I sort of decided that, since we kissed and you didn't slap me meant we were now a thing. But if you wanna be all technical about it, yes, I'm asking you to be my girlfriend."

I beam. "Okay. You sure you're ready to tell the world that you're a tomboy that likes other tomboys?"

"I'm ready to tell the world that I, Tiana Rose, love you, Gwendolyn Galley. Fuck the tomboy stuff, it isn't important. It'll be slightly different, though."

I smile and kiss her on the cheek.

All through the next month, Ti and I were enjoying being a couple. She told me I was beautiful daily. Slowly, but surely, I was gaining back my self-confidence. 

I made sure she knew that I thought she was cute at all times.

We even went on a couple double dates with Megan and Owen.

But today, we were going out by ourselves. I didn't have to worry about my parents bitching about curfew and all, because they left to another city for a hair show. I think my dad went along for moral support, because he handles the finances, while my mom is an actual hairdresser. I told her to keep her paws out of mine, though. I was natural and I liked my hair just how it was. 

Tiana did, too. She said my afro made her go crazy. I smiled when I heard that. She was really the best at trying to get me to be confident about myself.