Awake.

I remember hearing someone's soothing voice.

I open my eyes just a little and I heard a sob.

"Oh, my God!" I heard someone sob. It was my mother. Who, looked at me with a smile.

"Hi, baby! You're fine, do you know where you're at?"

I tried to speak, but it hurt to talk.

"Hospital." I finally said.

"Yeah."

After she talked to me like a kid for 10 minutes, trying to get me to talk more, she finally revealed that I had other visitors, too.

When she moved out of the way, I saw Megan trying to wake Tiana up.

"She's awake, she's awake." I heard her say.

Ti rubs her eyes and by then, my mom had went outside to go get my doctor.

"G, you're okay! You had me so worried! What were you thinking?"

" I was just tired." I said. My voice was coming across as scratchy and soft.

"You could've killed yourself, G. I've been here all week, every single day, but you wouldn't even open your eyes."

"A... week?"

"Yes, a week. You were in a coma from all those damn sleeping pills."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"Water?" I asked.

"Sure, anything you want. I'll be back." Ti says, and walks out of the room.

The only person left in the room is Megan, and she was just quiet.

"Megan." I tried calling out.

Luckily, she heard me.

"Yes?"

" A week?" I couldn't form whole sentences without my throat hurting, so I was keeping my interactions with others short and sweet.

"Seven days, eight hours, 44 minutes, 7 seconds."

"Wow." I said again, amazed.

I didn't remember anything, really.

No weird dreams, no nothing.

"My throat.. hurts."

"It;s fine, Gwen. Ti went to go get some water for you. You know she loves you, right?"

I smile weakly. "Yeah, but... Sheena."

"Nope. No more Sheena. She dumped her."

"Why?" I asked.

"She realized when you OD'd, that she couldn't bear to live without you. She's been crying her eyes out every day since. But of course, she will probably never admit that. You know how she is."

"Yeah." I said, laughing.

"I'm so glad you're awake. It's really hard to see you, laying like a stone. Owen told me to give you his best, and he gave me a pack of peanut M&Ms to give to you."

We both laughed.

I rubbed my neck and finally, Tiana came back with my water.

I drank it, and it tasted like I went to Heaven and God poured it in my cup.

The doctor came in my room and told me his name and how I got into the coma and asked me to move my feet and hands and kept yapping and yapping.

I wasn't paying any damn attention. I was marveling at the fact that I saw my dad pull up to the hospital with Tim and my brother!

Thankfully, the doctor was done talking to me and conversed with my mom, while my brother came in a couple minutes later, with a huge teddy bear and some chocolate. I didn't care about any of that, though! I was just glad my brother was here.

He came over to my bed, and he gave me such a huge hug!

Wow, this was honestly such a great day for me.

The fact that I had to survive a week long coma to feel this loved kind of bothered me.

What if I didn't make it?

What if my suicide attempt was successful?

These guys would've probably lost their minds.

I would've left for no reason, and they would have unanswered questions.

My parents would have lost their daughter. I knew that losing a child made people feel incomplete, hurt, and confused.

Losing a best friend wouldn't be such a good feeling. I knew what it felt like, and I didn't like it. But they didn't actually die. I knew what I felt, they would feel that, but it would be harder.

I can't believe I couldn't see that!

_______

The next day, I was released. All I wanted to do was go home, shower, and brush my teeth. My voice still sounded scratchy, but it didn't hurt to talk as much.

"Ugh, I can't wait to get this stupid thing off of me." I said to whomever was listening as we gathered my things.

I was yanking at my hospital bracelet. It made me itch.

I was pushed out of the hospital in a wheelchair, even though I could walk perfectly fine.

Once I got home, I swear, nobody could go a few minutes without checking on me. They were getting annoying. My brother kept popping in.

Also, they seemed to have cleaned my room and gotten rid of anything I could use to kill myself.

Not that I would ever scare anyone like that again.

I went in the shower and just thought about life.

I thought about how hard it's been for me these last couple weeks.

How I almost fucked everything up for everyone else by doing such a stupid thing.

Before this, I hated the term "life is too short".

I still hate it, but now I see what people mean by that.

People die without getting the chance to right their wrongs with people.

That's a pretty terrible feeling for everyone surrounding that individual. It's horrible enough when they die on accident. But taking your own life on purpose because of stuff like that can be even more traumatic.

I stepped out and brushed my teeth.

"Yo, Gwen!" my brother called.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I didn't want anything, just checkin' on you."

I roll my eyes and continue brushing.

I decide to roll with a White on Black Mickey Mouse shirt with some jeans and skipped earrings for the day.

I need to see Tiana.

i'm coming over.

I texted her. I screamed that I was leaving throughout the house, and walked straight to her house.

I knocked, and when she answered the door, I stepped in, and immediately she kissed me.