Thirty Nine

~Devina's POV~

I riddled off my address then hung up. I can't believe this is happening. After months of wondering why he did what he did, I finally talked to him. I talked to the boy I had once loved so much. And still do. I slid down to the floor clutching Dylan's phone in my hand. Things were finally getting better then he swoops in and stirs everything up. I wanted to punch him. I wanted to push him down and kick him. But I also wanted to see his muscular body again. I wanted to look into his green eyes and forgive him. I had forgiven my mother, could I do the same for Zane? My biological mother never cheated on me though.

"Devin? Hey, what's wrong?" Oliver rushed over to me and wrapped his strong arms around my shoulders. Oliver wasn't just my friend, we had decided to be more than that a few months ago. Believe it or not, he's a vampire. When I first found out, I was mad at myself for getting involved with the supernatural world again but Oliver is so friendly.

"It's Zane," I whispered as I looked down at the phone. Oliver froze and pulled back.

"You said that was over. That he wasn't in your life anymore."

"He wasn't," I assured him but he still stayed a few feet away.

"Then what is he doing, wedging himself back into your life now? He cheated on you, Devin. Right in front of you." I closed my eyes and let my head fall down.

"I didn't forget. I probably won't ever forget. You don't need to remind me." I stood up and moved closer to Oliver.

"Then why are you thinking about forgiving him? I can see it in your eyes." He tapped right under my blue eyes and I sighed. Oliver doesn't know that Zane's my mate. He only knows that he's a werewolf and that he was my boyfriend. "Devin, I know you believe that there's good in everyone and I love that about you, but sometimes you can't just let people back in. If he was able to hurt you so easily, then what's saying he won't do it again?" He softly asked, pushing a stray lock of blonde hair back behind my ear.

"I don't know what's going to happen Oli." I sighed and bumped into his chest. He was quick to respond, putting his arms around my waist and kissing my head.

"I'll give you a pass for calling me that because you have a lot going on right now." He grumbled making me giggle.

"Hey remember our deal?" I joked, making him shake his head in shame.

~Flashback~

"Just let me call you Oli. It's cute." I giggled.

"Only on one occasion though." I tilted back and arched a brow.

"I'm not taking my shirt off for you." Oliver laughed and shook his head.

"Be my girlfriend." I pulled back even further and stared at him.

"Like, your girlfriend or your girlfriend?" I quizzed he tilted his head back, and laughed again.

"Like I'll take you on dates and cuddle you and kiss you. That kind of girlfriend. And I'll be your boyfriend." I tilted my head and pretended to think about it.

"Only if," He raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow and nodded for me to continue. "I can call you Oli." His brown eyes squinted. "Without you getting mad." I quickly added.

"Fine. But only when it's just me and you, okay? I can't have people thinking I'm weak." I giggled and nodded.

"Deal." I stuck out my hand for him to shake and he frowned.

"You want me to shake your hand because you agreed to be my girlfriend? If I let you call me that?" I nodded and inched my hand out further. "I'm not shaking our hand." He refused. "You're going to kiss me instead." I froze and looked up into his light brown eyes.