Fourteen

~Devina's POV~

I woke up in the early afternoon

I woke up in the early afternoon. Smiling at the bright sun rays, I rolled over and let out a gasp. I forgot Zane was here. I finally looked around again and remembered that I was in his gray room, in his comfy bed. He shot his eyes open and scanned my face.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling okay? I can take you to the-" I giggled and pecked his nose.

"I'm f-" I stopped my sentence and smiled. "I'm good." He grinned at this and pulled me into his warm and inviting arms.

"Let's go make breakfast." I groaned, not feeling very up to the idea as he got up and walked around to the other side of the bed where I lay. "Come on." He tugged on the covers that were now over my head but I kept them there.

"It's cold!" I whined making him chuckled. I heard his footsteps retreating and frown. "Zane?" I called out and his head popped up in the doorframe.

"I turned the heat up a bit. It'll take a while though." He smirked and narrowed his eyes. "Now get up." He ran over to me and gathered my body, wrapped in the fluffy blanket and carried me downstairs. "Pancakes?" Zane suggested and I grinned nodding my head. I unwrapped myself from the covers and walked over to stand next to him. He glanced down at my bare legs and I gasped.

"Why am I just wearing your shirt, Zane?" I narrowed my eyes and he blushed.

"I didn't look!" He defended holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm not a pervert." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't look while undressing me?" He quickly shook his head.

"No! I didn't." I tried and pulled the shirt down again but it only went to my mid thighs.

"We both know you looked Zane!" My face reddened at the thought of him looking at my half-naked body.

"Okay, okay, I looked." The tips of his ears turned red in embarrassment. "It was hard not to." He defended himself again making my face heat up even more.

"You're a pervert!" He growled and locked eyes with me.

"I'm not a pervert. You're my mate, Devina." I looked down at my bare feet, now finding them externally interesting.

"Not your full mate," I added making him growl again. "You don't get to see me n-naked!" He frowned and sighed.

"Yes, I do." I shook my head in protest.

"Not if I don't want you to." His beautiful features softened ad he pulled my chin up making me look him in the eyes.

"You don't want me to?" He carefully asked and I shook my head. "Why not?" I just shrugged. I've never been comfortable with my body, it's not perfect and I have scars that I don't want people to lay eyes on. Some things are easier to just burry deep inside and cover up. Living in my family, or what was left of it, wasn't entirely easy and I didn't know how to handle things well and healthily. I slipped into depression and hurt myself. I wasn't eating properly and I refused to change for a while. I sill have a little bit of trouble with my diet and my thoughts
but I am better now. Zane makes things better. "You're beautiful Devina with and without clothes." He smirked and I slapped his arm.