Eleven

~Zane's POV~

I slyly glanced over at Devina in the passenger seat of my Bugatti

I slyly glanced over at Devina in the passenger seat of my Bugatti. Something was wrong with her. I could feel it.

"Zane I'm fine." She tried to convince me once she caught my stare.

"Okay." I nodded and went back to driving the car. She wasn't a very good liar, something tells me she never was. It doesn't help that I've had many years to perfect my lie detecting skills either.

Once we got to the spot. I got out of the car with a grin and ran around to the passenger side, opening Devina's door for her.

"This is it." I glanced at her and watched as her mouth dropped open.

"You planned all this?" She asked in disbelief. I just shrugged it off. She walked up to one of the trees and touched the dangling fairy lights. "It's beautiful." She whispered out and I grinned, walking closer to her.

"That it is." I took her hands in mine and walked her to the beach. "This is one of my favorite spots in the pack city. I thought I'd share it with you." I explained and sat down on the sand, just far enough away from the water so the waves wouldn't drench us.

"I'm glad you did." She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder. I smirked and lay my head on top of hers. She felt hot. I pulled back a little and made her look me in the eyes.

"Do you feel hot?" I asked worriedly and she just shook her head. I touched the back of my hand to her forehead and immediately pulled it back. She was burning up. "I think we should get you back to Sam. You're burning up, Sunshine." She rolled her eyes and pulled my hand, making me stay close to her.

"No. I don't want to." She pouted. I furrowed my brows as she rubbed her hand up and down my arm.

"What are you doing?" I slowly asked and tried to hold her hands back.

"You're too far." She whined and tried to lean in closer.

"Stop. Devina, what's going on?" She furrowed her brows again and jerked back.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what-" She stood up and looked around. "I- I um-" She looked back at me and her eyes fluttered shut. I ran to her side and caught her before she could fall to the hard ground.

"Devina? Devina, Sunshine can you open your eyes for me?" I brought her down to the sand and pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. After I checked her beating pulse, I yanked my phone out and dialed Sam's number.

"Alpha?" He answered.

"It's Devina. She was acting really weird then she stood up and now she's unconscious. I don't know what to do. She's burning up. She's sweating and she's so pale Sam. What do I do?" I rambled.

"Okay. How was she acting weird?" He questioned and huffed out in annoyance.

"She just said that I was too far from her. Sam, please help me." Devina started whimpering and tossing around in my arms. "She's in pain. I can feel it Sam."