Twenty Nine

~Devina's POV~

That night, Zane helped me fill out the job application

"Any other job experiences?" He asked and I rested my elbows on the table.

"I worked at a gas station for a few months." Zane sent me a questioning look so I continued. "It wasn't on the best side of town." I vaguely explained.

"I probably don't even want to know." I laughed, mentally agreeing. A lot of weird stuff happened in those three months. Once we finished, I moved into the living room. Zane followed.

"I'll turn that in tomorrow." I finally spoke. Zane just nodded and sat down right next to me.

"I can't take you tomorrow, I told Jonah I would go out with him." I slowly nodded and went to stand up. "Hey," Zane stood up too and grabbed my arm. "But when I win and get back home, you and I are gonna hang out. Okay?" I smiled and nodded. "Are you mad?" His green eyes studied my face, looking for any hint of emotion.

"No, I'm just not feeling very well." And it was true, ever since this afternoon, I haven't been feeling good.

"What's wrong?" He immediately stepped forward and leveled his eyes with mine. "Here sit down." He tried to usher me to the couch but I just laughed and stayed standing.

"No, I'm fine. Just a little nauseous." He didn't hesitate to sweep me off of my feet and carry me to the bedroom. "Zane I'm fine, really." He laid me down as tucked the covers all the way under my chin.

"I'll make you some tea. Are you hungry?" I tried to pull the covers back, but he kept them in place and frowned at me.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to make you some tea. Call me if you need anything, I'll hear you." He kissed my forehead again and hurried downstairs. I better not have the flu. After a few minutes, Zane popped back into the room and rushed over to me, handing me the hot tea. "How are you feeling?" I laughed and thanked him for the tea.

"The same since last time you asked." That whole comment came out ungrateful. "I'm good, thanks." He scowled at me and felt my forehead.

"Well, you don't have a temperature. I'll still stay home tomorrow." I immediately shook my head.

"No. You're going. You need to get out of the house." He began to argue, but my face told him otherwise.

"I'll be home before dark. Now get some sleep." Before I could even finish it, Zane took the tea from my hands and set it on the nightstand. "I love you." He tucked me in and laid down on the bed next to me.

"I love you too."

When I woke up, Zane was already gone. I vaguely remembered him whispering goodbye then hearing his car start. I felt like crap though. I spent the next few hours just laying there, trying to make myself get up to at least get something to eat. After a while, I finally got up and crept downstairs to the kitchen. Opening the fridge door, I almost gagged at the thought of eating anything in there. Checking the time, I noticed it was almost five. My eyes widened as I looked around. The sun was starting to set.

"Hello?" Zane called as he walked through the door. I walked over to him and bumped into his chest. "Sunshine, you don't look too good." He pulled me away from him and looked at me.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up." He froze and I almost laughed. "I'm not going to throw up on you." He took a few steps back and just stared at me.

"I-um-" Then his eyes fell on my stomach and stayed there. "Are you pregnant?" I looked down at my stomach too and tried to keep in my laughter. "I'm so sorry. If you are. I-this is my fault. I shouldn't have- I support your decision. Whatever it is. But I-" I stopped him there.

"I'm not pregnant Zane." His eyes still didn't leave my stomach like mine did minutes ago.

"But- we had sex and now your stomach hurts. I think you should take a test." I walked closer to him and grabbed his hands.

"Zane I'm on my period. I'm not pregnant." He looked up into my eyes but the concern was still there.

"You should take a test. I want to be sure."

"Zane! When you're pregnant you don't have your period! I'm on my period right now, so that's not possible." He shook his head.

"Devina don't argue with me on this. Please just take a test!" He begged, making me roll my eyes. "I know how that works I just- I want to be sure."

"I don't have a test. Why would I even have one?" He looked around the room then he zoned out.

"Someone's bringing one over." My face heated up as I laid my hands over my eyes.

"Oh my god."

"Don't worry," I laughed again and took my hands away.

"That's the thing. I'm not worried because that's not possible." He looked down at my stomach again. "You're the one worrying," I added making his eyes snap up to mine.

"Things might be different for werewolves." My heart nearly stopped.

"What?" He nodded.

"Pregnancies with werewolves are different." I stumbled to the couch and sat down. "Hey," He hurried over to me and sat down.

"You're telling me that I'm pregnant?" He immediately shook his head.

"No! I'm just saying it's different. That's why I want to be sure." I nodded as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I'm not sure who brought it over, I just know that there were no words exchanged between the two. "Let's go to the bathroom?" I nodded and followed him to our bathroom. "Okay, I'm not sure how to do this." He said as he closed the door behind him.

"Neither do I!" I screeched. "Sorry." He shook his head and pulled me into his arms.

"No matter what happens, we'll be okay." He tried to assure me but I wasn't quite convinced. There's a slight possibility that I'm pregnant. At seventeen. I closed my eyes and pulled away from Zane's comfortable chest.

"Let's just take this stupid thing." I ok the box from him and opened it.

"Shouldn't we read the directions?" He slowly asked as I pulled the stick out.

"I'm pretty sure we-I just pee on it." He nodded and watched as I made my way towards the toilet. "Zane what if I am? I'm only seventeen." He looked down at my stomach and a huge smile appeared on his lips. Was he happy? My heart started racing and I turned around.

"Then I'll support you. I'll support both of you. No matter what you decide." A tear escaped my watering eyes and landed on the tiled floor. It took me a few minutes, but I finished the test and set it down on the sink counter. "Now what?" He asked, coming up behind me and staring at the test too.

"Now we wait."