Part 2 of 2

A/N: This takes place during Season 2 of Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, not after. Once again, I focus more on the Rick and Morty interactions, but tried to add in some more Star Vs. the Forces of Evil elements.

Heads-up: Word count is significantly longer than the last part, by about 1,500 words.

Warning: Mild profanity, plus two F bombs. Pretty dark themes.

----------

Rick stared at the blinking light on his scanner, lips lowering in thought. If it really was the missing half...

"Rick? What are you doing?" Morty asked, just as Star and Marco started to wake up.

Star sat up with a groan, shaking Marco by the shoulder. "Marco...Marco wake up," she said, soon coming back to reality as she saw the old man with her wand. The boy muttered something, but finally he, too, sat up. He blinked at the transparent blue dome they were under. He put his hand up to it, but found it wouldn't budge. Soon enough he was trying to punch and kick at it, but to no avail.

"What is this?" he said.

Star took out her dimensional scissors, cutting them through the air, only for nothing to happen. She frowned, before glancing at her friend. "Marco," she said. "My scissors aren't working."

The boy's eyes widened. "What?" Quickly he took out his own pair, trying to do the same, only to get the same result. He put his scissors away, and soon enough he was trying to punch and kick at the forcefield, but to no avail.

Rick didn't seem to notice, or care, as he turned to his grandson, a smile returning to his face. "There's another wand out there, Morty. And its on Mewni. It-It's probably the other half of this one. I need to get it."

"B-But Rick! Didn't you just come here for this one? Why do you - Why do you need another one?" Morty asked.

The man facepalmed. “Geez, Morty, do I need to spell it out for you? Its another piece of powerful technology, what do you think I want it for?” Seeing the sour expression on Morty’s face, he realized what he was trying to say. “Ugh, fine. I won’t hurt them like I did these two here to get the wand, all right?”

“O...Okay,” the boy nodded.

“Hey!” Star yelled, pounding her fists against the forcefield, getting their attention. “Give me back my wand, you old creep!”

“Sorry, no can do, *princess*,” Rick drawled, a mocking smirk on his face.

“Princess?” Morty asked.

“Yeah,” Rick burped. “She’s the princess of Mewni. Heir to the Butterfly dynasty. Well whoop dee doo.” He gave a deadpan stare, twirling a finger in the air.

“A princess? Oh geez, Rick, what about the king and queen, then? W-what are they gonna do, when they found out you imprisoned their daughter, and took her wand?”

“What are they gonna do? Pfft, nothing.” Rick scoffed. “After last time, they know not to screw with me.” He glanced at Star. “You know, I’ve been wanting this tech for a while. Your mother Moon was pretty good at keeping it safe. Glad to know that you don’t follow after her.” He took out his gun and opened a new portal.

“Hey, no! Give it back!” Star yelled, banging hopelessly against the forcefield, but Rick was already walking through the portal. It was only after he was gone that the gravity of the situation started to hit her. Tears started to well up in her eyes as she turned to Marco. “No, no...I’ve lost everything, Marco. I lost my spell book, I lost Glossaryck, and now I lost...my family’s most prized heirloom...”