Part 1 of 2

Rick walked into the living room to find Morty watching TV. "M-Morty - !" he paused to burp, as he stood beside the sofa. "I need you. Come on, Morty."

The brunette fourteen year old kid with a high-pitched voice looked up at his grandfather. He was dressed in a light blue shirt and labcoat, brown trousers and black shoes like always. "Ah geez, Rick. Can't you see I'm watching *Ball Fondlers*?"

Rick paused a moment to glance back at the television screen, watching as a humvee flipped over and exploded. "Yeah, great show. But I need you now, Morty. Come on, r-right now. DVR that shit."

Morty, clad in a yellow T-shirt, jeans, and white shoes let out a sigh of resignation. He pressed record on the remote, before standing up. The older man with spiky grayish-blue hair reached into his labcoat and took out his portal gun. It was a small hand-held device with a tube of green glowing liquid in it. He shot it and a swirling green portal opened up in front of them. Rick and Morty stepped through, and once on the other side the portal disappeared.

Morty raised a hand to his forehead to shield his eyes, not expecting the bright sunlight for a moment after being indoors. After a few seconds he got used to it though and he dropped his hand. He blinked in surprise as he took in his surroundings.

"Wow, Rick. After our other adventures I wasn't expecting this place to look so...*normal.*" The young man glanced around, taking in the sight of the relatively average suburban neighborhood they were in. "It's like Earth." He noticed his grandfather had already walked toward a particular house, kneeling down by the windowsill and taking out another device.

"That's because it - " Rick belched, but nonetheless continued talking. "*is* Earth. An alternate Earth. Remember those?"

"Y-yeah, I do," the kid walked over to him, kneeling down next to him. "But I meant why are we on Earth. We usually never go to Earth - ours or otherwise." He glanced down at the small hand-held device in Rick's hands as it let out a beep, watching as a grin came to the man's face, but only for a moment. "What's that?" Morty asked.

"It's a scanner. You know, like the ones on *Star Trek* or whatever. Only, you know, not the same thing."

"What's it scanning for?"

"Doesn't matter, I already found it." He put the scanner in his pocket and stood up, taking out his portal gun. While he opened a new portal, Morty glanced away at another house only to find a rather odd-looking sight.

"Um...Why does that house have a castle turret coming out of it?" he asked as he stood up.

Rick grinned as his grandson walked over. "That's where we're going," he said, before giving the boy a shove into the portal.

---

Star and her best friend Marco were sitting on the couch watching a Mackie Hand movie. The blond girl was wearing purple boots, pink and purple striped stockings, a green dress and plastic devil horns, which somehow managed to stay on her head despite the fact she was sitting upside-down. She was mindlessly tossing popcorn into her mouth, watching the screen.

The brown haired boy suddenly came to life at a certain scene. "Ooh, this is the best part!" He said excitedly. He was wearing a red hoodie over a white shirt, black pants, and brown sneakers. He grinned wide as he started quoting the movie, going line by line.

Actually, he'd kind of been doing that the entire time, although Star told him to quite down after a point. He still mouthed the words though, and it brought a smile to her face. Honestly, she found the sight endearing, to see him so into the films.

She grabbed another fistful of popcorn, about to eat it, when suddenly a green portal opened up right in the middle of the living room, and a boy their age in a yellow shirt came stumbling through.