Chapter 20

CPOV

It's been a month since Ana and Mia were attacked. Neither of them were physically harmed but emotionally speaking they are both a wreck. My mother recommended Dr. John Flynn as a therapist and they have both gone together and alone to see him. He seems to be helping a lot. Sawyer was in the hospital for nearly two weeks recovery from his injuries. He was so upset that he couldn't protect my family that when he was released from the hospital he gave his resignation but Ana and I asked him not to go. She feels comfortable with him and that's what I want right now for her.

It took Ana nearly three weeks to confide in me about what happen with Eamon in our room. She ask me to accompany her to Flynn's office and what she told me was horrible. After Kavanagh broke down the bathroom door he tried to charge Ana but Mia came out of the bathroom and hit him hard in the face with her baseball bat. It took him off balance but only for a second and then he raised his gun at Mia's head, Ana took the distraction and shot Eamon in the chest. He went down on his legs but still aimed his gun at Ana. Before he could get a shot out he was taken down by the female officer Bridgette. She and Eamon struggled with his gun and he was shot again in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I'm thankful that Ray and Taylor thought of having a backup emergency plan that only the four of us knew about. Ray purchased the gun, baseball bat and Master Lock and brought it to our apartment one weekend in a suitcase. Taylor requested extra panic alarms to hide throughout the apartment. We went to great lengths to make sure very few people knew about them and in the end it saves the people I loves lives.

Blake was taken into custody but I was able to "speak" to him before they escorted him out of my apartment. Let's just say he needed to go to the hospital after I was done with him. He is facing 3 charges of kidnapping, attempted murder, and blackmail.

It turns out that Eamon threatened to kill his mistresses and their daughter if she didn't help him get away. The man in her house was her brother in law that lives next door. Apparently Hannah and her daughter usually visit them daily but hadn't in a few days so they got worried and he went to check on them. While he was looking around that's when we found him. Taylor explained what happen and after a few thousand he agreed to not press charges for the attack he suffered. Hannah was arrest for aiding and abetting Eamon and she plead guilty. She is now serving 4 years in prison. She would have gotten less time but since he held three people hostage and was an accomplish to an attempted murder of Sawyer she got 4 years.

The 3rd person involved in this messed up plan was Carla's ex husband Gabriel. Apparently he saw our pictures walking by a newsstand and decided to get Ana again. After Blake confessed everything and name Gabriel as the third person he was found within two days. The running side of the whole story was that Gabriel was pissed that Eamon tried to hurt Ana. His whole plan was for Eamon to kidnap Ana and bring her to him not hold her hostage.

Two weeks after Gabriel was brought to Seattle to face his charges Blake was found dead in his cell. They never found out who the killer was. Gabriel is spending life in prison without parole and Taylor has someone on the inside watching him in case something happens.

"I'm not sure if I can ever watch horror movies again but maybe we can have a romcom marathon tonight." Ana's voice brings me out of my thoughts. We have been staying at my parents house since the kidnapping, my mom insisted we stay with them. My mom was overprotective of us kids before but after what happened she has been clingy especially with Ana and Mia. I suggested that we all go away for a weekend to relax and forget about what happened. We're leaving tomorrow for a few weeks in Bainbridge Island. We found a house with 5 bedrooms 6 baths as well as a guest house and an apartment over the garage with a combined 5 bedrooms that is perfect for our family. With Ana being a little over 7 months pregnant neither of us felt comfortable traveling to far away from Dr. Mackenzie. Miranda Mackenzie has been friends with my mom for at least 20 years and she has been an amazing OBGY to Ana. She instantly made us feel comfortable and answer every question no matter how silly it was.