Chapter 7

CPOV

Fucking Carla whatever the hell her last name is now is gonna rue the day she fuck with my relationship.

"Taylor, I want a current background check on Carla Steele. Her last name may be different if she married again but I need everything you can find on her." He nods

I've known Jason Taylor since the 5th grade. When he wasn't deployed he would spend every weekend at Ray's house and since I was always around playing at Ana's house we got to know each other.

Ray Steele and I get along for the sake of my parents and his friendship. He knew Ana and I broke up but whenever he came over I always stayed in my room back then. Now whenever he comes to my parents house he nods but that's as far as our interaction goes. He was the one that recommended Taylor as my CPO to my father. I didn't even have to think twice, I trust Jason with my life and have never doubted his abilities.

"Permission to speak freely, sir?"

"Go ahead Taylor."

" What's the reason behind this sudden interest in Ana's mother?"

"Taylor, you know Ana and I broke up 5 months after she moved to Florida?" He nodded his head

"Well it looks like neither of us wanted to break up but someone sent both Ana and I a letter telling the other they didn't want to be together anymore. I am 100 percent certain that it was Carla or her lover that ruin our relationship. If we find evidence that they are involved, I want to crush them and make them beg for mercy. They took the only person I've every loved and saw a future with away from me for 6 years." He pulls up in front of the restaurant and turns to me

"Sir, I guarantee that whoever fucked with yours and Annie's life, will suffer. Do you want me to send someone down to watch them after we get their information?" I nod and tell him to get the information within the next two hours.

I walk into the restaurant and see Candace and some guy talking. I decide to step in to help her out of the awkward situation, but as soon as I make myself known I realize I should have stayed back. I can't help by smile when I see her give him her phone number and tell him to call her. She must really like him if she put herself out there. Maybe she'll be more accepting to not going through with the wedding. I don't want to break my commitment to her, but I can't allow my true love to get away a second time. I look up and am about to say something but she cuts me off with a shocking statement of her own.

" I love you Christian but I'm not in love with you. You love me but you're not in love with me. As much as I was all for us having a friendship wedding, I think I want to back out. That was the first man in 5 years that I actually felt something for and God only knows where it will lead us, but I want to take the chance." I try to keep my face neutral but I can't help but think how I'm so glad she feel the same.

" You need to either get closure from Ana or realize that she is still in love with you. I could see it and all your staff could see the love in her eyes. You need to get to the bottom of who sent the letter." I just nod and we order our food. I'm still in shock that she could tell that both Ana and I are in love with each other by just seeing our 2 minute interaction.

We talk about everything that happened between Ana and I and she was excited to get revenge on Carla. She wants to get to know Ana better and beyond happy that my life isn't completely ruining hers. She is my best friend and the idea of hurting her when she has done nothing but be loving doesn't sit right.

As we are waiting on our food, I hear a giggle I've known since I was 8 years old. I look around and find Ana, the man from before and a pretty redhead sitting 4 table away from us. Candace sees my looking and he face lights up.