Chapter 6

All FSOG characters and names belong to E.L James

All original characters and storyline belong to me.

Thank you to everyone who has read, favorited, followed and commented. I am so glad you guys like my story.

APOV after meeting Christian

I can't believe he was so angry with me. I didn't break his heart, he broke up with me. I run out of his building and sit down on the stairs to calm myself down before going to my meeting with Nathan and Vicky. He said I sent him a letter but every letter I sent to him was return with the big fat stamp that stated return to sender. It was two weeks later that I received his break up letter.

Someone talking brings me out of my thoughts

"Hey, you okay?" I look up at where the voice came from and find a man looking down at me concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I go to get up but he grabs my arm. I turn to look at him and he smiles

"Do you want to go get some lunch. We can get to know each other? I really want to bring a smile to that pretty face." I don't know why but this guy gives me the creeps and my inner self is screaming to get away.

"Umm, I'm gonna have to pass. I have an important appointment but thanks for asking." I say trying to be polite as possible. He smile instantly falls and he curses under his breath as he walks away.

When I turn I see Christian walking out of his building and I decide it's now or never.

"Christian, Wait, I need to speak with you just for another minute." He continues to walk

"Please, If you loved me at all, you will let me say what I need to. I promise I'll leave you alone afterwards if that's what you want, but just give me a minute." He turns around and nods

"I don't want to discuss this in public, my cars right over there, let's go." I follow him to his car where a familiar face is standing holding the door open.

"Holy shit, Jason Taylor is that you?" I squeal and jump into his arms after he nods his affirmative.

"I haven't seen you since my 14 birthday party. Dad said after you retired from the Marines that you started working in security. Wait, you work for this guy?" I says as I point towards Christina. He gives me his signature nod and guides me into the backseat with Christian.

Jason Taylor and my dad have been friends since their Military days. My dad Ray was his commander when Jason first enlisted and they have stayed close ever since. I grew up with Jason being my uncle. Seeing him reminds me that I not only lost my life with Ray and Christian but also with Jason and his now 12 year old daughter. Carla really ruined my life by not being able to keep her legs closed. As you can tell my mother and I don't see eye to eye. She always treated me like I was interfering in her life but she is the one the dragged me with her and her lover.

As I sit in Christian Audi I try to compose myself and get reading for the truth talk that could change my life.

"You wanted to talk and now your just sitting there. Candace is waiting for me, I need to get this over with." I nod and take a deep breath

"You said I broke your heart and claimed to not love you in a letter, but I never wrote you a letter saying that." He glared at me

"Ana, I remember it like it was yesterday. March 22 to be exact. I came home from school and my mom said "Christian, you got a letter from Ana." I was beyond ecstatic, so much so I almost fell down the 3 steps I had walked up before mom announced your letter." He takes a deep breath and shake his head.

"I opened that letter and my world collapsed. You said and I quote

Flashback

Dear Christian,

I know I haven't written you in a while but I promise there is a good reason.

You see I meet this guy named Matt the first day of class and we hit it off right away.

We have spent almost every day together and I realized that I'm in love with him. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted. We have been together for almost 5 months now and I can honestly say that I never truly loved you. I don't know why I waited so long to break up with you, but I'm doing it now. I'm sorry for stringing you along. I hope you can find someone to make you happy. I'm sorry it couldn't be me.

Your friend, Anastasia

Oh, fuck. I feel like my I'm having a heart attack. I barely remember what happened next before waiting up in my bed with my mom crying beside me. She said I had a panic attack and passed out. My brother came in and saw it happening and called my mom. Single worst moment of my letter was opening that letter.

End Flashback

I'm sobbing my eyes out as he recounts this unknown letter.

"I swear to you I never sent a letter that said that. I never dated anyone else besides you. I was heartbroken because of your breakup letter. You sent back all my letters with a return to sender stamp and then two weeks before Valentine's Day I got a letter that you didn't want to be together anymore. It was the worst day of my life and now you're telling me that you got a similar letter." Please tell me you didn't send that letter. I silently beg him to say. I feel him touch my hand and the static tingling that has always been there makes it's self known. That is how I've always known we were meant to be together because I have never felt that connection with anyone.

"So you are telling me that you never sent me any letter breaking up with me?" I nod and try to calm my tears down

"Ana, I.. I swear I would have never broken up with you in a letter. I loved you so much and I always saw a future with you." He rubs my check then continues

"I don't understand who would want to break us ..... FUCK. Your bitch of a mother always hated our relationship. She was always trying to come between us.

I always thought it was suspicious that I never got any phone calls or letters when we use to talk everyday and then all of a sudden I get this letter that seemed nothing like what you would say. It never occurred to me before because I was so crushed and too stupid to second guess that is wasn't real." We both have tears flowing down are faces.

After 10 minutes we finally get ourselves calmed down and I know he needs to leave. He has a life and I'm not part of it.

"Listen, I know you're engaged, but I would really like to at least be friends again. I miss our relationship but I miss the friendship we've had since we were 8 years old. Plus, we need to confront my mother. If neither of us sent those letters, the only option is Carla and I want her to pay. She made my years in Florida hell and now to know she ruin us too just makes me want to destroy her life even more." He rubs his face and sighs

"Look, can you give me some time to think about being friends? I have spent the last 6 years hating you for breaking my heart and I as much as I want to, I can't just make those feeling disappear. I would like to try to be friends but just not now. " I try my best to hold in the sob I feel about to burst out. He gives me a sweat smile and continues

"I do agree that we need to confront Carla asap. Candace and I are going to Miami for a Energy Convention next week, Why don't you meet us here next Thursday at 9:30 am and we can all fly down together. If you need to bring a friend for comfort there will be enough room. Give me your number and I'll text you after I confirm it's okay with Candace." I smile and we say our goodbyes

I turn around before shutting the door. " I know you are engaged and I am so glad you found your true love. You deserve to be happy and I promise I won't stand in your way. Please tell Candace that I'm no homewrecker and I would like to be her friend too." He give me a polite smile and I shut the door.

I walk towards my car and I get the feeling of someone watching me, I turn and see the guy from earlier staring at me. I feel a shiver down my spine and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up at attention. I get into my car and look back to find him still staring at me with a creepy smile. I feel like I've seen him before today and it's really freaking me out the way he was staring.