Chapter 19

APOV

After Christian left I sent a text to Mia, asking if she wanted to have a sleepover tonight. Her response was instant and she agreed to bring food and we'd watch non stop horror movies around 5. I look at the clock and realize I have a few hours before she gets her so I head towards the library and get comfortable at my desk. I've read Wicked about a million times but it never gets old. My first year in New York, I saved up so I could go watch Wicked on Broadway. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I also have been writing a special book that only Christian and I know about.

"Ana, I'm gonna head out to meet my sister for dinner and a movie, do you need anything before I leave?" I look up to see Gail looking gorgeous in yellow ruffle top and blue jeans.

"Looking hot tonight, Gail." She blushes

"I'm good here. Mia should be here within 15 minutes, then we're gonna eat Chinese food while watching horror movies. I should warn you she is staying the night and may stay until Christian returns." She laughs before saying bye.

"I'm hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Mia sings skipping into my library

"Thank god because I am starving. Let's get this sleepover started." I swing my arm over her shoulder and we walk towards the living room.

"Which one first?" I ask while we look through our selections.

"We should watch The Purge since it's less gory while we're eating. Then we'll just pick at random. We've got all night." We get comfortable on the couch with our food and some snacks just in case and watch the movie.

"Okay, I need to go to the restroom and get a refill then we can watch P2. The pysco stalker is HOT.." She fans herself then runs towards bathroom.

I realize it's been a good 20 minutes since Mia went to the bathroom so I go in search of her and I'm shocked at what I see in the hallway.

"Oh my God" The words are out of my mouth before I realize it. Sawyer and Mia pull apart. She blushes while he stand at attention looking sheepish

"Ana... I mean Ms. Steele, I.."

"Oh shut it, Luke. What the fuck are you doing? You have a girlfriend or has that slipped your mind?" I scream at him.

"We broke up.. She met someone "better" or so she said." He says sadly and now I feel like shit.

"If she couldn't see the amazing man you are, she doesn't deserve you." I say

"Mia, can you give us a few minutes?" She nods before walking past squeezing my hand and smiling bright. I turn to make sure she's out of hearing range.

"Ok, I'm truly am sorry that she broke up with you but I need to know what's going on with you and Mia? She can not be your rebound because that girl has been crazy about you since you started working here.. Plus if you break her heart you'll have three pissed off Grey men and they are dangerous when fucked with." I may be over stepping our friendship but I need to protect my sister in law.

"I've known I had feeling for Mia for a long time but with me and Sherry being together I didn't act on them and I tried very hard to make her think I wanted nothing to do with her. Sherry and I were together for almost 8 years and sometimes it just easier to stay with someone and be content. I can't say I've been happy in my relationship for nearly 2 years but I did love her." I nod

"Dad said that's what happen with my mom. He was content because he had me in his life but he hadn't been happy with my Carla since I was 5. Sometimes you have to sacrifice content to find happiness. Just don't break her heart." We talk for a few more minutes before Mia's screams have us running towards the living room.