Chapter 4

As always all characters and names associated with FSOG belong to E.L James.

All original characters and story line belongs to me.

4 months later

APOV

" Ana I really need you to bring me that file. I will be in a world of trouble if I don't show up to my meeting with it." Kate begs over the phone.

These last 4 months have been amazing for both Kata and I. She has really accomplished a lot at GEH and she's been given a lot more responsibility in the PR department. She loves it and says it's her dream job. She has interacted with Christian a few times over the last 4 months and says he is a ruthless businessman that can scare the pants off any person he comes in contact with. It's hard to register the man she describes with the man I knew and loved. I have slowly come to terms with the fact that he and I may never be together but I really want to at the very least be friends with him. I miss his friendship and I want to have that back. This could be my chance to talk to him.

"Fine, I'll bring the file but you owe me." She laughs and hangs up

I look in the mirror for the millionth time. I've decided to wear a grey and black striped sweater dress and boots. My hair is down with loose curls and minimal makeup. I plan on meeting Vicky and Nathan afterwards for lunch and work on my book.

Yes, I did sign with Sensational Publishing but I was honored that Seattle Independent Press also offered me a contract. If it wasn't for the creepy editor always staring at my chest and he constant smirk I might have signed with them. The offered more money and faster push for publication but it felt wrong signing with them.

Nathan, Vicky and I have become extremely close over the last 4 months. I found out after a night of drinking/girl bonding that she is in love with her High School sweetheart but he has moved on. His name is Peter and apparently he told her she didn't bring anything to the table anymore since she was a lowly assistant editor. Vicky's parents owned a successful book café when she was younger but a few bad investments and also everything going digital, they lost their business and all their savings. Now they both work full time jobs in fields they love instead of being held down by a failing cafe. Unfortunately, that meant she was no longer a "perfect" girlfriend because her parents weren't wealthy anymore and he dropped her and now is dating a some socialite.

I just couldn't believe that someone could treat another human being like that. I mean Vicky Is the sweetest person I've met. She is sometimes to caring and I'm afraid she will be taking advantage of by people she meets. If I ever meet Peter I might lose my shit on him.

As I arrive at Grey House I recheck my lip gloss and make sure I look nice. The last thing I want to do is embarrass myself or Kate. I send Kate a text that I'm here and to meet me in the lobby but she response with come to my office instead. I sigh and head towards the elevator.

That's when I see him and her talking by a black elevator talking. Seeing him in person after 6 years has me frozen in place. I sometimes forget how beautiful he is and he has only gotten hotter overtime. I try my hardest to compose myself and get past them unseen but it was not meant to be as I hear my name being called by Kate.

"Ana, I thought you got lost. What the hell was keeping you for so long. You texted me 10 minutes ago." She says too loud and now we have the attention of everyone passing us, as well as Christian and his fiance Candace are now staring at us. Christian pales and then his features turn to anger with a splash of hurt. He walks towards us like a man on a mission.

" Ms. Kavanagh, is there an issue here?" He didn't even acknowledge me verbally but his eyes tells me he knows who I am. I decided to bite the bullet and speak to him first.