Chapter 1

*Attention Nooz Readers*

Hearts are breaking all over the world.

Our very own millionaire has finally put a ring on it.

The Christian Grey has proposed to his girlfriend of 2 years Bianca Thompson.

As you may know Bianca Thompson is the daughter of Mr. Grey's Chief security advisor, Anderson Thompson. The two of them met at Grey's parents charity gala Coping Together and sparks flew.

Well girls and some guys if you were hoping for Christian Grey to be your happily ever after, you better glue your heart back together and move on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ana.. AAAAANNNNNAAAAA, why aren't you listening to me?" My best friend Kate snaps me out of my own heartbreak from reading the Nooz.

"WHAT?" I throw down the paper and walk into the kitchen to wash my bowl.

"I know him being engaged is breaking your heart but it's been almost 7 years since she broke up. I need to know that you'll be okay with potentially seeing him since I'll be working in his PR department? I don't want any issues with my career. The Grey name on a resume can be life changing and as much as I love you, my career is more important." She blows me a kiss while walking out the door.

Okay let me introduce myself.

My name is Ana Steele, I'm about to turn 22 in September. I just moved to Seattle Washington from New York. Kate and I both graduated from NYU last Spring.

I studied creative writing and business, while she studied marketing. She was offered an internship at Grey Enterprise Holding during her last semester. She did so well over the summer that they offered her a permanent position, so we decided to move to Seattle.

We're both from Seattle and it was an easy decision until reading the stupid paper this morning. My life ended nearly 7 years ago.

______________________________________________________

When I was fifteen I began dating the love of my life. We knew each other since the 3rd grade but only started dating the summer before my 15th birthday. We dated for only a year before my mother decided to leave my dad for her boyfriend and move away to Florida.

I tried my hardest to stay with my dad but Gabriel ( my mother's boyfriend) had a lot of money and he bribed the court system to give my mom full custody of me. It was the worst moment of my life because not only was I being for drug away from my daddy but I was forced to leave my love.

Christian and I were both committed to not breaking up but the distance was to much. Also my mom and Gabriel inference I was cut off from calling anyone back home. My mom only let me use the phone if I was at home and somehow she always knew if I called someone if I broke their rules.

One day I got a letter from Christian that broke my heart. He said he loved me but it was to hard being apart and that we should break up. That day I cut my feeling off and decided to focus on my grades and getting the hell out of Florida. I applied to NYU because my career goal is to become a writer and they have an amazing creative writing program.

Let's just say that was an amazing decision on my part. I worked a part time job at Kmart my entire junior and senior year of High School and saved every penny I could. I also saved any money Gabriel gave me and returned any gift he or my mother bought me. By the time my acceptance letter from NYU came I had nearly 10,000 saved. I received a full scholarship due to my GPA to NYU and as soon as I graduated I pack up my car Ray got me and took off towards New York and my new life.

All FSOG characters and names belong to EL James.

All original character and story line belong to me.