To Go To Seattle

Chapter 1

I slowly go down the stairs as I feel my tears streaming down on my cheeks knowing that this is the last day for me in this house. I don't want to leave. I don't want to go to Seattle.

It's too early now but I heard footsteps from my room and decided to see who it is even though I already know the answer.

As soon as I reach downstairs I sit on the last step as I watch her pack the last box. "You're up early." She says while she is on her knees trying to force things to fit.

"I couldn't sleep." I tell her as she closes the box. "I'm sorry it had to be this way..." She starts as usual. "We had no choice. Yeah, I know that." I continue her sentence laughing a bit since I heard it for a thousand time in the past two weeks.

"You should get some sleep." She tells me standing, carrying the last box. "I don't want to go." I say cracking at the end since my voice is hoarse of crying so much.

"We already talked about this." She tells me and I burry my face in my hands as she leaves.

"God I don't want to go there." I say to myself sobbing.

I take a deep breath as my chest tightens of crying and stand to go upstairs. I gently close my room's door since my brother is asleep. And lay in bed for what seemed like four hours.

...

A phone buzz wakes me up and I take my phone from the table next to me and look at the screen that reveals John's name.

"Hey there". He says as soon as I answer and I take a deep breath before saying anything to him.

"Hey" I say as my voice cracks. "You're crying. What's wrong?" He immediately asks me.

"Can we talk? Like now can you meet me somewhere?" I manage to say barely hearing my own voice but hoping he did.

"Yeah sure I will come to your house." He tells me.

"No, not here." I say not wanting him to know from the boxes that are filling the house that we are moving.

"What about that park?" He suggests.

"Yeah, okay." I agree and he hangs up before I could say anything else.

I get out of bed and push myself to dress up before leaving the house that is soon to be a memory.

I start walking to the park since it's not far away from the house and I guess that's why he chose it instead of the cafe we usually go to.

The weather is chilly as I walk to the park and thankfully I am wearing enough clothes for this weather.

When I arrive there I find him already waiting for me as I rush to him and hug him tightly placing my hands around his waist and he hugs me even tighter and I start crying.

I never had friends neither people that I could depend on or ask for help when I needed someone. But then he came and everything has changed. Things didn't become easier but with him by my side, he somehow made me stronger. And the thought of being one last time with him is what's killing me.

"Could you please tell me what's wrong? You know I will help you." He says as he pulls me away.

I guess this is it.

"We're moving to Seattle ... Tomorrow". I mumble as I stare at the ground not wanting to see his reaction.

"Why?" He asks and his voice is a little bit higher than mine. "My dad got this stupid job promotion which includes moving there". I answer him with a hoarse voice.

"That's stupid, you can't just leave." He says throwing his hands in the air. "I don't have a choice". I repeat my mother's words while I'm still staring at the ground.

He stays quiet for a while and I finally manage to look at him. He's staring at the ground chewing his lip while both of his hands are in his pockets.

I get closer to him and he finally looks at me. "You will go to school there?" He asks and I stay quiet looking at him and just nod.

"So this is it?" He asks with worried eyes. "You will always be my only best friend." I say smiling and the fact that I'm losing my only friend ever makes me want to drown in an ocean full of my tears.

"Yeah, you too." He says trying to force a smile but fails.

"I will always be there for you, you know no matter how far you are." He says opening his arms. "Yeah, John I know that". I say giving him one last hug and control my tears as I pull away.

"Please smile." I say looking at him and he grinds his teeth pretending to smile which makes me laugh. "You are a terrible friend." I say laughing. "Am I?" He says laughing along with me.

"You're going to spend the day with me then." He says placing his arm around me since he's much taller than me. "I have to pack; but you could come." I say as we walk slowly.

"Yeah, sounds fun." He jokingly says and we start walking back to my house.

The day went by really fast. I barely packed anything which will probably make my mother angry since I spent the entire day with him.

We ordered pizza and watched a random movie that we barely watched since we kept on talking about everything. From flashbacks to what and how it's going to be now with me away.

"Call me once you get there?" He asks standing once the movie finishes. "Are you leaving?" I ask frowning as I'm also standing. "Yeah, it's almost ten. And you barely packed anything." He says laughing a bit.

"Yeah, okay." I nod without arguing him to stay.

"Make sure you call me." He says giving me a small hug and I nod and watch him until he leaves.