chapter 1

(I know my update is super late and im super sorry about that. My laptop has been trippin hard when I try to update I don't know why though. I will apologize in advance if I dont update early enough. Im so serious.)

Chapter 1: Present Day January 20, 2014

Skylar Rodriguez

            Hey you guys my name is Skylar Mona Rodriguez. I’m sixteen years old. Born and raised in the streets of Houston, Texas. I'm 5'3 with curves in all the right places. I am Puerto Rican and Black. I have grey eyes with specs of purple in them.  I have long blackish-brownish hair that stops in the middle of my back. I live with my momma and siblings. Which consists of two of my older twin brothers and my younger twin brother and sister. My first brother doesn't live with us anymore. He hasn't in a long time but he still comes to see us when he has time. His name is Juan. He's almost like a father figure to me. Even though he’s just four years older than me.  My brothers Marcus and Marquez also try to play the figure role in me and my younger siblings’ lives a lot. Sometimes it’s stressful. My little brother and sister are Miazon and Maria. They are two years younger than me. They don’t know what our father tried to do to me all those years ago. My momma still blames herself for it still, even though she was at work.

BRRRRRRIIINNNNGGGG!!! BRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNGGG!!!

The alarm clock goes off telling me it’s time for me to wake up for my first day of my junior year.  I slowly drag myself out of the bed to go take a shower. I grab my favorite body wash that my brother Juan bought me for my birthday.

I was in the shower for thirty minutes before deciding to get out. I wrapped a towel around me so I can back into my room. I went to my underclothes draw so I could get my victoria secrets bra and panties. I lotion down and go look in my closet for my outfit for the day.

I decide on a black crop top that says THUG in pink letters and some white skinny jeans. I put on my Oreo jays that just bought a couple days ago. I put my hair in a high bun with a pink headband. I put on my pink diamond earrings with my pink, black, and white bangles. I don’t have to put on much makeup so I just put on some mascara and black eyeliner. The eyeliner brings out the purple in my eyes.

Once I take a few pics for the gram. I go wake my little brother and sister. They still share the same room , but have a privacy divider up in the middle with a door. Their room is twice the size of mines. I wake Maria up first since she takes the longest.

“Maria” I call her name while shaking her. “Maria get up!” I say this time louder than first time. She turns over in her bed and looks at me through half closed eyes saying “Wut time is it Sky?” I tell her she has forty-five minutes to get up and dressed before Marcus is ready to drop us to school. She says” ok” and gets out of bed with her hair all over the place.

I then go on the other side of the divider to see if my brother is up because he’s usually up like me up and prepared. But since it’s the first day of school he’s still layed out on his bed. I start shaking him and calling his name until I hear my phone ringing. I have the new Iphone 5c in pink.

“We be all night in loooove. Looooove

We be all night in loooove. Loooove.

We be all night and evrythang alright no

 complextion our body so flourescent under

 these lights. Boy im drankin walkin in my lot

 seven eleven rubbin on it ru-rubbin it If you

 scared call that Reverend .Boy im drankin get my brain right.

I know it’s my best friend Rae probably callin to see if im ready. I answer the phone and we talk for a lil while until I tell her im bout to see if Miazon got his ass ready for school.

 When I walk in the room I see him fully dressed in a hoodie that says DOPE in lime green letters. With some dark wash Levi jeans. A lime green and black g shock watch with my lime green and black jays. My lil bro looked so cute you wouldn’t even know that he was a freshman in high school.

After lookin at Miazon for a few seconds Mariah walks in with a yellow cami on with a black cardigan on top and sum dark blue skinny jeans with slits on them. She had straightened her hair. She also have on a pair of yellow and black checkerboard Vans.  You can see our resemblance more now that she is older because she has the same shape as me but you can tell that im more mutured.

After seein that they are ready to go I go tell Marcus we are ready and that he has to pick up Rae from her house since she wants to ride with us to school.

We pull up to Rae’s house and she’s sittin on her porch with her head phones in. Marcus blows the horn to get her attention and she picks up her head. She’s smilin hard like she hasn’t seen me in a long time when in actuality I jus seen her yesterday.

While she’s walkin to the car I look at her outfit and she has almost the same exact thing  on like me but in a different color.  She is fair skinned with pouty lips. She doesn’t have much breast like me but her ass makes up for what she doesn’t have t the top. She has a small waist like me also, so many people thought we were kin juss because that.

 She gets in the truck and says wuts up to everyone. Now that we’re all in the car Marcus takes us to Mick D’s for breakfast instead of eating cereal or going on an empty stomach. We all order sum pancakes with the hasbrowns and sum orange juice.

We all attend the same school, North Folk High, it isn’t the best school in Houston but also isn’t the worst. The whole ride there we joned on eachother.  All the students are outside talkin to everyone they didn’t get to see over the summer. Everyone was with their lil cliques they was with last year. Thots still wearin next to nuthin in clothes.  The wanna be thugs still posted up by their cars.

We pull into the parkin lot and all eyes are on us. I tell Miazon and Maria to get out first since no one knows their my lil brother and sister. They juss look at me like inhave three heads and say “ Why we gotta out first ?” Marcus is lookin at melike he wants to know the answer also.

Me- “ Cus if you don’t wanna to  be seen with me.”

Rae- “ I kno you still don’t think that the people over here don’t like you?”

Zon- “ Sky why would people not like you in the first place?”

I answer rae’s question first because its easier to answer “ yes I do think people don’t like me still” and then look out the window so they can’t see how nervous to get out the truck.

Maria is the only one who didn’t push the matter any further and got out first.

When she gets out everyones attention her. Then Zon gets out after her and all theg irls are lookin at him like a piece of meat. I roll my eyes at these thirsty ass fees. They start walkin towards the school and everybody head is following them so Rae and I  hurry an tell Marcus bye and I say I love him and get out the truck.

************************************************************************************

I don’t know if you liked it but pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassse comment, vote, like and fan. It might not be perfect so just bare with me on this like i said this is my first story.

~RaeGibbs~