Damie - Once In A Lifetime: Chapter Fourteen.

It's been a few weeks since I saw Jamie and now here I am... on the red carpet of the Oscars. I'm grateful for not feeling sick again but having to miss Jamie didn't make my days any easier.
I hear my name being called multiple times and my head is spinning from all the flashlights of the cameras but I keep my eyes on the prize; seeing Jamie again. With that in mind, I turn to walk inside.

I go in search for my seat as my name is being called. "Dakota!"
I turn around and see it's Emily. "Hi!" I squeak and that's when I know we'll be sitting next to each other. When we have found them, we sit down and I look around. More and more celebrities are walking inside but I haven't found Jamie yet.
"How have you been? Are you still feeling unwell?" Emily asks.
"I'm fine now, thank you. How are you?"
"I'm pretty excited for this." She says with a 1000 megawatt smile plastered on her face. I decide to let Emily have her excitement and scan my eyes through the crowd of people once again.

"Dakota?"
My heart skips a beat. I recognize this voice all too well. I smile as I spin my head around but it disappears when I see he's with her. How could he do this to me? I'm really starting to wonder if he lost his mind. Protecting myself, I put on a poker face and smile.
"Hello." I say through gritted teeth. I think Jamie gets the hint because his eyes change to a different emotion.
I'll be able to talk to him because he is supposed to be seated next to me. I look at his hand and his wedding band is still seated on his ring finger. Divorce my ass.
Before Jamie wants to sit down, his so called wife pushes him further and takes a seat in between us.
"Drama Queen." I whisper under my breath but she doesn't hear it.
I look at Emily and she understands the pleading look I'm giving her.
Much to Jamie's surprise, Emily and I stand to switch seats as well. I am not in the mood to sit next to her. My eyes lock with Jamie's and I mouth him a "fuck you." His mouth falls open but I don't care. He deserves it. Amelia thinks she's being funny by making a joke but Emily's laugh isn't honest. And neither is mine.
I turn my head to the stage and decide not to give another glance in Jamie's direction.

Celebrities come and go to take their Oscar award on stage and the usual applause is given with every winner.
"Dakota, we have to go backstage. It's our turn soon." I hear Jamie's whisper. I nod and follow him.
We are informed and when our names are being called, we walk towards the stage. We ended up holding each other when we reached out destination.

 We ended up holding each other when we reached out destination

"You look familiar

"You look familiar." I joke.
"I'm sure I do." I hear as he smiles.
I can feel him squirm beside me but ignore it for the moment. We continue our speeches how we rehearsed and announce the winner for production design.
"And the Oscar goes to... La La Land. David Wasco and Sandy Reynolds-Wasco." I say and smile. After they areived on stage, I hand Sandy her Oscar and Jamie hands David his Oscar. After congratulating them, we turn to leave the stage to go back to our seats.
"What are you doing?" I hiss as Jamie touches my hand.
"I want to hold your hand. Nothing wrong with that." There's an edge of confusion to his voice.
"Idiot." I mutter and hurry back to my seat.

The show slowly comes to an end but I know I have to change my dress for the Vanity Fair after party. Emily and I are the first ones to leave.
"I'll be right with you." She smiles and takes a different turn. "Ok." I smile back and continue walking. I know they're right behind me but I am not looking for a fight right now. As I take a bite of my red vine candy, a picture is snapped. I'm glad I was still holding my smile. This feels like a pap walk all over again and I can't help but roll my eyes. "Drama Queen, she is. 100%." I huff and make it to my destination.

The rest of the evening went by smoothly and I decided to keep my head clear and drink soda. I'm not feeling well at the moment so I decide to head outside for some fresh air. I thought I was over this? Appearently not. Filling a glass of water, I spot a few empty seats and make my way over there. It's a chilly night but it doesn't make me feel cold. In fact, I'm glad I'm not in a crowd right now because my head is spinning.

"Dakota, can you please tell me what the fuck is wrong?!" I hear out of the blue.
It's Jamie.
"Oh, nothing. It was a real good decision bringing your wife, ex-wife or whatever she is from you, to an event where we would both be present and pretend all is fine." I hiss.
"She is my ex-wife and you know this! I had to bring her to prevent more bullshit being spread."
I'm not listening anymore because my eyes are trying to scan a bucket. When I find it, another round of vomiting begins.
"Jesus, how much did you have to drink?" He says, shocked and takes a seat next to me.
"Nothing. I've been drinking diet coke all night. I've been feeling ok for the past few days so I thought it was over. I guess not." I whisper in between hurls.
Jamie holds back my hair and I'm grateful for that.

As soon as I've stopped dry-heaving, I put away the bucket and lean my head on his shoulder.
"I'm getting you to a doctor." He forces.
"No, I'm fine..." I can't continue my sentence because the world blurs out on me and I faint.

~ Author's Note;
Hello, loves. ❤
I'm sorry I haven't been able to update for a while but it has been a busy few weeks for me. I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter and I promise to make it up to you all soon. There's a surprise coming. 😊
Anyways, once again; thank you all for reading! ❤
I love you all. ❤❤❤
Mandy. 😘❤ ~