Damie - Once In A Lifetime: Chapter Thirteen.

I wake up to the feeling of feather like kisses and I know who's giving me them.
"Good morning, love. I made you your favorite breakfast." Jamie smiles up at me. When I inhale deeply, a faint smell of eggs fills my nostrils. Oh, it smells so good!
"Good morning. What did I do to deserve this?" I smile back up at him and pull him closer to my lips. I feel like Icarus flying to close to the sun. "Deserve what?" I hear him mumble.
"You." I whisper.
"I'm the one who's lucky here. Sometimes I feel like you deserve better than being with me but I can't leave you alone. You're stuck with me." For once, he looks lost and it's a look I don't like to see.
"You're stuck with me too. Shall we have breakfast now?" Not wanting to get too deep into this, I kiss him and stand up only to fall back into bed again because my head was spinning. "Wow! Head rush." I think I stood up a bit too fast.
"Baby, are you ok?" I hear the panic in his voice as he leans over me.
"Jamie, I'm fine. I just stood up too fast." I roll my eyes at him, it's a bad habit from filming.
"Roll your eyes at me all you want, I'm having hard thoughts about bringing you to a doctor."
"I'm fine, I promise." I give him a small smile and stand up again. This time a little slower, making sure I won't fall back again. "See?!" I smile and guide myself into the kitchen.

As I'm about to sit down on one of the stools, the doorbell rings. Huh? It's just after 9, who can it be at this time? I wonder as I unlock the door and swing it open.
Holy fuck. It's Amelia. What the fuck is she doing here?
"Hello, Dakota." She smiles up at me but the smile doesn't reach her eyes.
"Uhm, hello? Can I help you?" Let's be nice, your mama raised you well, I repeat over and over in my head.
"Keep your filthy whore paws off my husband and hand him back over to me!" Excuse me? What did she just say?
"Excuse me, Amelia, but how about I tell you something? First of all, I didn't take your husband, he came to me. Love is an unexpected thing and I truly wonder if you've ever encountered it and second of all, I don't sleep around and have baby rumors spread all over the tabloids about me, you do. Now, if you'd get your facts straight next time, I'm sure I'd be happy to have an educated conversation. Jamie, your wife is here!" I turn around and I'm proud of myself. I slayed this! I take my seat on the barstool and eat my breakfast which Jamie made for me.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I have to bite my lip from laughing. She is making such a fool out of herself by coming here. Well, it's all on her own.
"Come home with me. The kids miss you." I'm not sure if she's being honest or not, but that's a low blow. Using their children to get him back.
"I miss them too but that doesn't change anything. Did you sign the divorce papers I gave you?" His tone is sharp, he isn't to be played around with. Inside, I'm hugging myself.
"I have them with me. I'm not signing them, Jamie. I want you home with me." Her voice is a plea but she's been acting on so much lately, I don't know what to believe anymore.
"Amelia, I'm not saying this twice. You either sign them and let my PR handle the rumors or we could do it through court, you and I knowing full well the rumors will be confirmed by god knows who. It's your choice. You can't hold onto me if I don't want to be with you anymore." I hear Amelia ruffling through a bag and I think she's choosing for option one.

Suddenly, I feel my mouth watering and my body becoming sweaty. Oh God, not again. I leave my seat and run to the bathroom, not caring about the questioning looks they both give me. I make it just in time and my breakfast leaves my body immediately.
"I'm taking you to see a doctor, whether you want it or not." I hear Jamie behind me as he grabs my hair and holds it.
"I think I have the flu. I should he fine in a few days." I groan after my stomach is empty again.
"Flu or not, you're seeing a doctor." His determination surprises me.
"Jamie, I don't want to. I just want to stay in bed and have you with me all day." I turn around and hug him. I know this'll work.
"Fine, but if you're still not feeling better by tomorrow, I'm dragging you to the doctor myself." He frowns and he looks very cute.
"Ok." I nod and step aside to brush my teeth.
After I've I rinsed out my mouth, I feel 2 arms wrap around me and lift me up. Jamie is carrying me back to bed once again.
"Stay with me, please?" I hang onto him, surely suffocating him.
"Give me a few minutes and I'll be with you." He says as he untangles me from him.
"I don't have a few minutes." I groan impatiently. Now it's his turn to roll his eyes. He turns around and closes the door behind him. As soon as I'm comfortable in bed, I can hear yelling from downstairs. Uh oh, I think to myself and decide to ignore it, giving them their privacy.

I must've fallen asleep because when I wake up, the sun is shining through my windows and I'm in Jamie's arms. I nuzzle my face in his neck as I fill my nostrils with his scent.
"How are you feeling now?" I hear his murmur.
"Better, now that you're here." I smile up at him. He closes his eyes and shakes his head but says nothing. I lean in and kiss him below his ear, knowing full well what that does to him. His groan is soft but loud enough for me to hear. "No, not now. Not when you're not feeling well." The look he gives me is one to not be played with. I feel a slight disappointment wash over me but let it go.
"I'm going to take a shower. I'll be right back." He kisses my forehead then gets up to walk into the bathroom. What the hell? Where is the part where he asks me to join him? The man maddens me sometimes. I hear the water running and exhale. After a few minutes, I hear heavy breathing coming from behind the door. Is Jamie in distress? Is something going on? Without thinking twice I head for the bathroom door but I'm stopped in my tracks when I see him. He's steadying himself with his left hand on the tiled wall and he's holding himself with his right hand. Slowly, he's moving his skin up and down, panting harder every time. I can feel the heat building up between my legs but I ignore it. How dare he do this. Doesn't he want me anymore? Am I not good enough? The thought breaks my heart. I close the door quietly and run back into bed. Soon enough, the heavy breathing stops and the water has stopped running.

I am scrolling through my phone when Jamie walks in with just a towel around his waist. "How was your shower?" I act innocent but don't look up at him. I know that if I do, I'll give myself away.
"Interesting but relaxing."
"I'm sure it was." I murmur.
"What is that supposed to mean?" I hear the confusion in his voice. Well, he asked for it. "Am I not good enough for you, Jamie? Am I doing something wrong?" A lump is forming in my throat but I swallow it.
"What do you mean? Baby, you mean everything to me." He's getting more confused by the seconds.
"Then why does it feel like I'm not? Jamie, I saw you in the shower. I saw you touching yourself. Why would you do that if you have me. I thought our sexual life was good. Am I doing something wrong? I don't understand it." I look up at him and his cheeks are reddening. He's ashamed. Well, he should be.
"Why were you spying on me?" I feel offended. He is my man and I have the right to watch him. "I wasn't spying on you. I thought something was wrong when I heard you having trouble breathing. I know you have asthma so I have to be on my guard as well but it turned out you were anything but in distress." My eyes are fixated on his as his embarrassment ebbs away and he thinks about what to say next, I guess.
"Our sexual life is good, Dakota. Wonderful, even. Nothing is wrong with what you do. You please me all the time and I hope I'm giving you the same pleasure in return. But, after you threw up yesterday evening and this morning, I just wanted you to rest. When you kissed me like that, I knew it would end in sex if I didn't stop you. You're not feeling well, I want you to be healthy before we start thinking about sexual actions again. I only care for you this much because I love you."
His speeches surprise me sometimes.
"But what if I wanted to? I mean, I want to fulfill your needs. I want to take care of you, because I love you too." My voice is a small whisper.
"And I want to make sure you're feeling good. That has more priority to me than making love with you." His words make me melt. I hope he never leaves me because like Icarus, I'll be burning then.
"I love you, but I do want you to promise me that whenever you feel like you need me, I want you to reach out for me because I'll be there." I kiss his lips and hug him.
"Dakota, whenever you're not there and I need you, how do you think I handle it? I always end swith your name rolling off my lips. It's a male thing." It hear his chuckle but I tell him not to lead me on like that. "Oh and I love you too!" He grins and kisses me once more.
"Please give me what I want." I'm practically begging for sex but I don't care.
"What is it that you want, love?" Doesn't he get hints? I roll my eyes at him and instead of telling him, I guide his hand down my panties as my lips touch his.
"Please." I groan as soon as his fingertips touch my clit.
"Dakota, I don't feel comfortable doing this if you're not feeling well."
"I'm fine, Jamie. I wouldn't be begging you if I wasn't." Ugh, just give me what I want. I think he's weighing his options but doesn't have much choice.
"Alright, but if you start to feel unwell, I want you to tell me immediately, understand?" His eyes are filled with desire but his face is serious.
"I promise I will." I nod.
"Then I'm all yours." He whispers and his lips are on mine once more.

~ Author's Note:
Hello, wonderful readers! 😘❤
I'm really sorry for the delay of this chapter but I have been so busy lately that it was hard to find the time to write it. I promise I'll update another chapter in a few days. I hope you all enjoy reading this one. Thank you so much for reading my story. It really means a lot! ❤
Lots of love,
Mandy. 😘❤❤ ~