Damie - Once In A Lifetime: Chapter Eleven.

Jamie's Point Of View;
_________________________________________________________

I am woken up by a throbbing pain on the side of my head.
"Dakota." I grunt and turn around, only to find an empty spot next ro me. Where the hell am I? What the fuck happened?
And then it hits me. The premiere. I remember Amelia kissing me, I remember fighting with Dakota, I remember taking more than a few beers because all I wanted was to forget. Sadly, it is only temporarily and I'm drawn back into reality again. I am not someone to push their feelings away and forget about it. This actually really hurts. "Smell the fucking coffee, she said." I murmer and sit up slowly. In my mind I relive yesterday's events.

"The only reason you're here today is because my PR people told me to. You know what I expect from you. Do keep in mind to sign the divorce papers and have them returned to me as soon as possible." I say as we're in the back of the car on our way to the premiere.
"I don't understand what you see in her. Is it because of the sex? Because of the nudity from the movie? Is it temporarily turning you on or something?" Amelia says, looking annoyed.
"How dare you?!" I growl. "I cannot help who I fall in love with! I am in love with her for who she is. She accepts my past, supports my future and she happens to love me as well. Look, Amelia, we will always be connected through our children, but I'm not not in love with you anymore." I finish, anger boiling inside me. I can't believe she has the audacity to say this. I wonder what I ever saw in her?
"Whatever." I hear, but I'm not sure it was meant for me.
After arriving at the premiere, my eyes are fixated on Dakota. She is looking absolutely beautiful and that is an understatement. I cringe inwardly, annoyed by the fact I'm not the one standing next to her and kiss her publicly, letting the rest of the world know that she is mine. Sometimes, fame can be extremely difficult. A fake smile is painted on my face as I'm posing with Amelia.8 Never in a million years did I expect the next thing to happen. As I'm turning my head to Amelia, she kisses me and it's like the wind knocked the breath out of me. "What the fuck are you doing?!" I hiss angrily and look around for Dakota in panic, hoping she didn't see this. Amelia shoots me a surprised look but says nothing and I stiffen beside her, not wanting this charade to continue any longer.
Suddenly I'm drawn to Dakota and from a short distance, I can already smell her lingering perfume in my nostrils. It's attaching to me. I remember I was told that love is for fools. Well, to hell with that!

Then the fight with Dakota happened. And that stings.
Running my hands through my hair, I get up and take a long shower, trying to was off the hangover. I wonder where she is? I wonder how she's doing? I wonder if she misses me?
"Fuck this." I murmer and get out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I dial Dakota's number three times and every time it goes straight to voicemail. "I am not giving up on you." I whisper as I dial Emily's number. She picks up after the fourth ring. It's about damn time!
"Hi, this is Emily. Who is this?" I hear confusion and I assume it's because she doesn't recognize my number.
"Hi Emily, it's Jamie. Do you happen to know where Dakota is? I need to talk to her but cannot get a hold of her." On the other end of the line, it's completely silent. After what felt like minutes, she speaks up. "Dakota is back home, Jamie. I think you should let her be for now." What?
"Thanks for letting me know. Bye." I say and hang up immediately, not waiting for her response. What is it with today? Is it National make Jamie feel like shit day? Because they sure succeeded. I book a plane ticket, call a cab and begin on stuffing my things in my suitcase. After taking some painkillers and hearing the cab, I head out of the door and towards the airport. As soon as I'm through security, I try to ring Dakota but it goes straight to voicemail again. I contemplate sending a text message but decide against it. That's not the way to approach a woman. Taking my seat in the airplane, I close my eyes and try to sleep off the rest of my hangover. I love Dakota and I'm willing to fight the battles that are holding us from our future. After 2 years of struggling, I am not going to give up now. She is worth fighting for.

I am woken up by the pilot speaking into the microphone. Thank fuck my head isn't throbbing anymore. Hold up, what time is it? I look at my watch and realize I've slept through the whole flight. Some hangover that was! I barely drink, but when I do, it's out of sorrow. It's a bad habit. After the plane is settled near the gate, I head for the exit to go in search of my suitcase. Looking at my phone, I see I have no missed calls or texts. I sigh, wishing Dakota would just call back. I feel like I'm walking beside myself because of what happened last night and it's not a pleasant feeling. Taking my suitcase with me, I grab the first cab that's available. I give him the address of my place but the rest of the ride is silent. It's early evening and I'm wide awake. I ring Dakota once more and this time she picks up. Thank fuck!
"What do you want, Jamie?" She sounds angry but there's something else to her voice as well. I can't place it yet.
"I want you. I need to talk to you, baby." I murmer. I hear her sniff before she tells me not to baby her. "Are you crying?" It feels like a knife is twisting inside me as she sobs. "No." She says, but the tone of her voice tells me something different.
"I'm coming over, stay where you are." I whisper as I try to hide my worry.
"There's no need, Jamie. I'm with my mother. I don't want to see you." She sniffs again but the line goes dead. How the hell did I let her leave like this? That's it, I'm not leaving her alone in this state! I give the driver the instructions to turn around and give him the address of her mother's place, grateful that Dakota told me once. I'm stuck in the car for another hour instead of being with her. I can't handle it very well. I just want to hold her, caress her hair and kiss the little v that forms between her brows as I tell her it's going to be ok. "Trouble in paradise?" The driver speaks up, surprising me.
"Sort of." I murmur. I know he's just being friendly and tries to look for a passing time as we're stuck with each other for the upcoming hour, but I'm just not in the mood to talk. Emotions are taking over my mental and physical state and I can't cope with it. I need to distract myself. It's not my addiction for her love that has me like this, it's me caring for her on a deep level that has me worried. I don't like seeing her like this. Taking my earplugs from my bag, I put them in my ears, stopping my wayward thoughts from driving me to insanity. I open YouTube and watch some videos of Dakota. It helps to distract me and her laugh is like music to my ears.

After exactly 58 minutes, the cab pulls over to the side and tells me we're here. About fucking time. I thank him and hand him his money, making sure to tip him for putting up with me. I'm rewarded with a genuine smile and I know it's all good. Taking my bag from the trunk, I take a few deep breaths to steady myself as I walk over to her mother's house. I knock on the door, making sure it's not too loud because it's the evening. A dog barks and I know this is Zeppelin. She really is here. The door swings open and I'm face to face with her mother and she doesn't look exactly happy to see me. Well, fuck me.
"Jamie, before I let you in, I want to make something very clear. I know you have had your ups and downs and walked a few bumpy roads together before happiness found its way towards you two, but she is my daughter and I love her dearly. I want her to be happy and you and I both know she is anything but happy right now. I don't know what happened, she doesn't want to tell me and I'm not forcing her as she will come to me eventually, but do realize I am only letting you in this time so you can try to fix this because my heart is breaking to see her like this." Wow. I'm taken aback by her words and don't know what to say so I just nod.

"I do want you to know that I love your daughter. That's why I'm here." My voice sounds unsteady.
I can hear her mother sigh. "Up the stairs, the last room at the end of the hall. Don't make me regret this."
"Thank you." I murmur my gratitude as I place down my suitcase and head straight for Dakota's room. As I'm nearing her door, I can hear her crying. No! Please don't cry. Baby.
I hold the handle and pull it down, pushing the door ajar. There's a lump in my throat when I see her huddled up in bed, crying silently, sniffing every once every few moments. As I make my way inside, my heart leaps in my chest. I am momentarily paralyzed as I look her up and down. Her eyes are puffy, her nose is red and her cheeks are blotchy and wet from crying. "No, baby, no!" I say loud enough for her to hear as I sit down on the bed, pulling her to me and holding her tightly. She feels and smells like heaven as I have her in my arms.

~ Author's Note:
Hello, lovely people! ❤
I let my followers on my Twitter (@queendakie) vote for Dakota's point of view or Jamie's point of view and Jamie won. 😋 It wasn't easy to write, but I still hope you will all enjoy it. 😘
Lots of love,
Mandy. 😘❤ ~