Damie - Once In A Lifetime: Chapter Ten.

I feel like every minute is taking an hour and for once, I actually have nothing to do so I decide to call my mom. I miss her. As soon as I want to hit the call button, my phone vibrates and see it's my mom! She knows me so well. I answer it immediately.
"Hi mom, I was just about to call you!" I beam through the phone.
"Hi baby! How are you? You sure are in a better mood." I can hear her laugh on the other side.
"I am. Jamie and I talked things through and spend the past few days together. He is really sweet and I think he's a special one." I smile.
"I'm glad you two talked it out. I saw some of the pictures from the premieres, you two sure look happy and as long as he makes you happy, darling... Then I'm happy for you." I can sense her smile through the phone.
"Thank you. How have you been?" I ask curious.
"Oh, you know, same old, same old. Hold up, darling." She says and I hear her mumbling, I think it's to someone with her.
"I'm sorry darling, but I have to go. Don't be a stranger and come visit me when you're home again ok? I love you!"
"That's ok, mom and I will. I love you too! Bye."
"Bye coqui." She says and hangs up.

There's a knock on my door and looking at the time, I think my stylists are here to get me ready for the London premiere. I'm excited now because that means I'll get to see Jamie again. It takes them exactly 2.5 hours to finish, but time flew by a bit faster since I had someone to talk to. After stepping into my heels, Emily walks in to hug me.
"Hey stranger, where have you been?" I am really happy to see her.
"I was giving you two some privacy and I think I succeeded." I see the look in her eyes and laugh. "You have such a dirty mind sometimes."
"But I'm right, aren't I?" She asks curious. I nod but close the subject, not wanting to divulge any more information.
"So where is he?" She can be so curious sometimes.
"He headed back to his house to take care of some things, but in a positive way for both him and me." I smile and she knows what I'm talking about.
"Come on, let's go to the premiere and go in search for him." She beams at me.
"Since when are you so happy?"
"I'm happy for you. You both deserve your happily ever after. Together." She emphasizes on the last word and pulls my arm, dragging me with her. I reach for my clutch and my jacket and follow her out. Our room is on the first floor and even though I'm wearing heels, we take the stairs. After settling ourselves into the car, I decide to call Jamie. After the 6th ring, it goes to voicemail.
"Voicemail?" I hear Emily next to me.
"Yeah, perhaps he's still getting ready. Since he's always late." I chuckle.
"It surprises me he's on time with you." She smiles.
"I tend to make him hurry." I shoot her a smile back.
The rest of the ride is silent except for Emily talking on the phone with someone. It doesn't take long for us to be there and soon, I find myself back on the red carpet again, blinded by flashlights once more. Smoothly, I look for Jamie but see no one so I focus back on posing.

All of a sudden, I hear screams behind me and when I turn around, I see Jamie. And I feel like I'm taking a dive in an endless black hole when I see her behind him. What?! How can he do this to me? I feel my tears starting to build but when I'm drawn back to reality, I realize that I'm in public and I know I have to man up. I turn around and refuse to shoot another glance back at him as I plaster a fake smile on my face. I go from taking poses to interviewers and try to sound as happy as possible and succeed. After I've done that, I'm brought to the line of fans and my real smile returns a bit as I see them and reach for them. After taking pictures and signing their autographs, I'm gestured towards Jamie and I'm dreading it. Well, I better tell him to back off right away, I murmur to myself when I'm almost standing next to him. As I don't want to throw a fit in a crowded area, I wrap my arm around his middle and his is around my waist. The contact shoots electricity throughout my body, but I refuse to answer to it. "Baby, please don't worry, my PR told me to bring her. I don't want her to be here too but it's a make believe show. You know I would never do this to you." He whispers loud enough for me to hear.
"Jamie, are you going to put everything on your PR?" I hiss.
"It's the truth, I would never ever do something like this to you. Never!" He hisses back. I shake off my insecurity for the moment, give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him.
"Ok. I believe you." I smile half-hearted and try to have some fun for the rest of the premiere so we can both enjoy one another's company again.