~21~

Back at the hospital Tremaine was consoling his broken hearted wife as she laid in her bed in tears. The news of losing one of her babies and the other in the ICU on life support was killing her. She cried in Tremaine's arms as he laid in the tiny bed beside her.

"This was all my fault! I shouldn't have went off like that! Tre.....I'm so sorry! God I'm so sorry!" Carlyn wept.

Tremaine held her close to his chest and told her that everything was going to be alright.

"None of this was your fault. You were just protecting your family. There is nothing wrong with that. I know how much you love your dad and your brother. Don't blame yourself. We can always try again for another baby. We'll always have each other."

The love in his voice was more comforting that his hug and Carlyn soon stopped crying and was slowly regaining her strength and will to believe that everything was going to be ok. She looked up at her husband and smiled as there was a faint knock on the door.

"May I come in?" A small female voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes come on in!" Tremaine said as he stood up and wiped his teary eyes and got himself together.

Regan came in the room with a huge bouquet of balloons and flowers from everyone in the waiting room.

"Hey there my beauty! You're awake!" Regan said as she sat the balloons and flowers on the tray at the end of the bed.

She went up and gave Carlyn a big hug.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm alright. I could be a little better but.....i'm sure i'll manage." Carlyn replied sadly fighting back her tears.

"Well you know I'm here. If you guys need anything you know i'll be right here."

"Thanks mom. How's Joey? Is he ok?"

"He's fine. Just worried about you. We weren't sure if we were going to see you right away so he waited until he fell asleep. Morris ended up taking him back to his place so he can get rested for school tomorrow."

"Sounds like daddy's orders."

Regan and Carlyn giggled as they knew that Prince was always ahead of the game despite the current situation. Tremaine took the small pink water pitcher from the table and made his way to the door.

  "I'll give you ladies a moment to chat." He said with a smile.

  "Don't be too long." Carlyn said to him as she blew him a kiss.

Tremaine smiled and stepped out of the room leaving Regan and Carlyn alone. Regan sat down beside the bed and took her daughter by the hand.

  "Are you ok sweetheart? Is there anything I can do?" Regan asked.

Carlyn knew that her answer wasn't one that could be fulfilled but it was clear she was only making this request out of hurt emotions.

  "Can you give me my baby back?"

Her voice shook as she tried to fight back the tears that were trying to fall from her eyes. Regan knew that this was going to be a difficult time in the Nelson household and she could feel Carlyn's heartbreak as if it was her own.

  "I wish I had that kind of power baby. If I did I'd not only bring your baby back.....I'd bring my parents back too. However I can give you this piece of advice. Don't think of this day as a day of loss. Think of it as a day of rejoicing. You  have an angel with you all the time now. Your baby will always be with you no matter where you go. And you will alway have that same love until you can see each other again."

As Regan smiled her tears fell from her eyes once again. Carlyn sobbed and reached out to her mother for comfort. The two embraced each other and cried. This was the bond that they had. Knowing that they are both going through grief together made it even stronger.

  "I just wish I did things different." Carlyn said as she finally let each other go and she wiped her tears with a tissue.

  "What I wish is that your dad wasn't so dense and not had married that.....dusty desert buzzard."

Carlyn burst into a fit of laughter as Regan began to laugh too.

  "Mom! That's so low of you! I love it!" Carlyn said as she continued to laugh.

  "What? I'm just saying! God your daddy may be multi talented but when it comes to women sometime he has disgusting taste." Regan joked.

  "Too bad you have Jackson now. I'm sure daddy was super sick when you strolled in with that fine piece of caramel beef cake on your arm."

  "I doubt it. He's way to into his Sahara slut."

The two continued to laugh at the digs they were making at Tori without Prince being around to hear them for once. It was no holds bar against the woman who tried to come between their right knot family. After they took a few shots at Tori Regan had asked if she could see the surviving twin. Carlyn granted her the permission to see the baby but had asked to stay in her room and Tremaine would take her to the fifth floor in her place. Carlyn felt as if she wasn't ready to see the baby just yet because it would have probably killed her if she saw tubes and machines around her child and also being reminded that it's just one child and not two. Regan kissed Carlyn on the forehead and went out the room to find Tremaine. When she found him he was talking to the nurse at the desk taking down information on the baby and asking for additional help in finding care for when both mom and baby were released from the hospital. Regan went up to Tremaine and he excused himself from the desk with a smile.

  "How is she? Is she alright?" Tremaine asked worried that something was wrong with his wife.

  "She fine. I'm just letting her get her rest. I want to see the little one if you don't mind walking me up." Regan said.

  "Sure! I was actually getting the room number for her. Let me just take Carly her water and we'll go up."

Tremaine went to Carlyn's room left the pitcher  then came back out to meet Regan in the hall. They went over to the elevator and up to the NICU floor. Both of their hearts were racings as they weren't sure what to expect when they walked through the double doors of the NICU. Tremaine looked at the small sheet of paper and then looked at each door to find the room his child was being cared for.

  "We're here. Room 515." He said with a sigh.

He slid the door open and both Regan and Tremaine were face to face with the tiny two pound infant in a huge clear box with blue lights shining inside.