~2~

Regan sat in the kitchen with only the glow of the overhead counter lights shining behind her. Taking an occasional sip of her hot lemon tea she would look at her phone in hopes that Prince would call her and profess his true feelings for her. A sigh escaped her nose as she rolled her eyes and came to the realization that Prince calling her for anything was like getting stuck by lightning on a storm free night. Those chances were very slim to none. And so she continued to sit. Alone with her troubled thoughts with only the sound of the clock on the wall ticking to the melody of the doves in the atrium. The sweet sound of coos made her smile as she thought back to the day she saw them in their cage. She admired their beauty and Prince was behind her admiring her body with his hands. The passion burned strong in their youth. Regan was never so in love and he thought that Prince could never be more in love with her. Their countless romances played in her mind as she sipped her cooling tea. Late nights of love making in various places around Paisley and the thrill of them possibly getting caught made her blush so much that her face was getting flush and her hands trembled as she held her mug to her lips. Paisley Park was filled with happy memories of them being together. As well as the not so happy times when Prince was ready to commit murder for her or when she found out about her now misleading diagnosis. Regan preferred to remember the good that came out of her intimacy with her long time friend and lover. Her body started to ache for his touch one more time as her mind took her back to a time where she and him had made love on the counter during the early morning hours after a party. She bit on her lip softly as she reminisced on that day. It was a very stormy early morning and as the thunder rumbled and rolled outside the two of them let that be the soundtrack of their steamy affair. Regan let out a soft moan and closed her eyes as she sat her mug down on the counter top. She was quite turned on at the thought of them making love in such as open area. His hands running up and down her body sent an electric shock through her the more her mind took her down memory lane. Regan wanted him beyond her control and she yearned for him to make love to her body in real life while he was making love to her mind. As her heart began to pick of the pace the more she thought of how he got her close to climax in her mind the loud vibrating on the counter from her phone snatched her back to her loneliness. The hum of her phone startled her as she looked over her shoulder in hopes that no one was around to witness her in near self pleasure mode. Regan took a breath to calm her now flustered mind and body then answered her phone.

"Hello?" She answers in a whisper.

"Hey mom! Did I wake you?" Carlyn asked on the other end.

Regan was hit with a sigh of relief from the sweet voice her ears were met with and the flustered feeling was gone.

"No! Baby! Actually I was just sitting in the kitchen having some tea since I can't really sleep. How are you though are you and Tremaine ok?"

"Yeah were fine! I just wanted to call and say good night. I know the time difference is a little off but I would t have felt comfortable leaving a message on someone's phone. I was actually trying to reach daddy in his hotel room but I didn't get an answer. So I guess him and......well ya know."

Regan let out a giggle as she knew that Carlyn couldn't stand the ground that Tori walked on and could care less about if she was alright.

"Well I'm sure Prince and his new wife are busy doing....whatever they do." Regan joked as she picked up her tea cup and took a huge gulp to get rid of the awful tasted that developed in the back of her mouth.

"Ugh! I don't even wanna know! Well let him know that I called when and if he decides to check in."

"Of course my love! You go and get some rest. I want a nice chunky and heathy baby that does nothing but eat and cuddle."

"Yes mom! I love you!"

"I love you too sweetheart. Be safe and have fun."

"I will! Bye!"

The call ended with Regan still holding the phone to her ear. Her smile was glued to her face as the words 'mom' still danced in her mind. Never in a million years did she ever dream that she would be someone's mother. Carlyn may not be her blood child but she had just as much of a hand in raising her just like Prince. After a few minutes Regan finally pulled her phone away from her ear and sat it down on the counter to finish the last of her tea. Once she had finished she had got up and made her way to the stove and poured more hot water into her mug and steeped a fresh tea bag inside. The sound of steady feet were coming towards the kitchen and she had paused a moment from squeezing a little bit of lemon juice into the hot beverage to see if she could recognize who it could be approaching at this late of an hour. Regan giggled as continued to squeeze in more lemon juice when she laughed and quickly pulled out a second mug from the cabinet.

"How ya doin Tony?" She called as the heavyset and now balding guard of thirty plus years rounded the corner and entered the kitchen.

"How'd you know it was me Mousy?" Tony asked a little puzzled but not surprised to see a friendly and familiar face.

"Wild guess. Tea?"

"Sure! I guess I have time for a cup or two before I have to start final rounds. What's gotten you up so late?"

"Hmm. Don't ask. It's been too long of a day. I just wanna....forget it ever happened."

"Regretting the hair cut?"

"It's not the haircut I'm regretting. Tony? Have you ever wanted to move on from a lover that you know doesn't really want you anymore but can't because your in too deep?"

Tony smirked at her and immediately caught on to where this conversation was going.

"You better make that second cup for me now darlin. I feel like we have a lot to talk about."

Regan smiled and pulled another mug from the cabinet and Tony refilled the nearly empty kettle and placed it back on the stove. The two sat in the kitchen and talked for the next few hours about how much they wished that Prince didn't fall for Tori. Finally another person who's a well trusted ally.