~6~

"I can explain. And it's not what you think." Tori began as she attempted to stand up but couldn't because she was still in her heels from the night before.

"Then what's all this for huh?" Prince asked her crossing his arms in a vexed mood.

Tori was at a loss for words. Holding her composure she was determined to give him an explanation that would be deemed trusting. Prince leaned against the door frame and waited for her reply.

"I was hoping to surprise you when you woke up in the middle of the night but.....you never woke up. I made all of this special just for you! To celebrate our union!"

Prince's eyes scanned the room and they came to the coffee table which was now cluttered with melted candles with wax sprawled out from end to end. An untouched bowl of strawberries and what looked to be another bowl of melted vanilla ice cream. He continued to scan the table and next to the strawberries was a bottle of Chardonnay and two champagne glasses. Prince let out a deep sigh with a slight moan of sadness because he felt as if he let down his wife.

"It would have been perfectly fine if you had waken me up my love." Prince replied as he shook his head with a smile.

"A genius like you needs their rest I suppose." Tori said as she nervously fiddled with the empty wine bottle she clutched in her left hand.

"So you drank yourself to sleep last night waiting for me? Now I really fee like a fool."

"Oh baby you're not a fool. I am. If I was smart I would have waited to do it another time."

"Yeah but....the thing is....I did wake up last night. That's how knew you were out here. I guess I didn't want to wake you either. There. That's my confession."

"I guess we both ruined the surprise huh?"

Prince walked over to Tori and took the empty bottle from her grasp.

"Well look at it this way. We have something to talk about one of these days."

Tori giggled as leaned in to kiss Prince on the lips and he embraced her tightly in his arms. Both of them never confessed their true secret to one another. Prince was trying to reach out to his old flame and Tori was a few floor below the night before sharing her love and her body with another man.

"So my black muse. Shall we get cleaned up and ready for the day?" Prince asked as he spun her out and back in his arms with her back to his chest.

The smell of cocoa butter and Shea oil in her hair sent his senses into a frenzy. His body was hot all over as he looked deep into her deep brown eyes. It threw Tori off guard a little and her heart sank deep in stomach. Does he know what was really going on? Does he sense that the other man was making love to his woman? Prince let out a deep moan of passion and took Tori by her hand.

"You know what baby? I got a better idea." He said to her kissing her from her wrist all the way up to her shoulder.

She was still a little nervous but didn't want to show it too much. For it would give away her infidelity from the night before. Prince led her back to the bedroom and undressed her slowly admiring every inch of newly exposed skin. Tori's body began to shiver from the cool air hitting her body and she wanted so badly to stop him but the lust that was running its course was taking control of her thoughts. As Prince began to kiss her softly from the neck down a tear began to fall from her right eye. These tears were hiding her guilt of the transgressions she had committed while her husband slept. Prince was unaware that Tori brought Aaron back to their private suite and that the spread was indeed not for the two of them to share at all. Tori was beginning to tremble from each kiss from Prince's lips. She immediately stopped him once he was down on his knees. She took his chin in her hands and her tears fell. Prince was stunned to see her in such a state.

  "Am I doing something wrong my love?" He asked her in a soft spoken tone.

"No." She whispered to him with a smile.

  "Then why the tears beautiful?"

Tori ran her hands down his face and pulled him up from the floor.

  "Because.....you have done everything....so right."

Prince had no idea that she was really being tore apart inside by her guilt and that she was masking it with her faux love for the man she married. She played on Prince's naive emotions and used them to her advantage. She knew that Prince was going to ask about how she felt about his children and why she said what she said on the recordings but she was trying to prolong it until they returned home to Minnesota. That was where she had her plans already in motion to do what she knows would be an even harder task but if she worked her magic she could sway him to Paisley Park and Chanhassen....for good.

  "Prince?" She weeped dropping her eyes to the floor.

  "Yes Tori?" He replied.

  "Please....take my body and do what you see is best. Make love to me."

  "I don't want to take your body baby. I would rather ask for your permission to please you. It would be wrong of me to take from my wife."

Tori began to cry even harder as she fell into his arms. Prince picked her up and carried her over to the bed and placed her gently down then laying over her showering her with kisses.

  "Tori Nelson. I love you with everything in me." He said to her as he slid himself inside of her getting a moan and a gasp from her lips.

While making love to her he had no idea that Regan had packed her belongings and was on her way back to Minneapolis to her childhood home to stay until she was ready to see him. The next time that would be is when she has her new man on her arm. And possibly and ring on her finger.