~20~

The lights surrounding Paisley were dimmed and the pyramids that would light up the night with their purple glow were changed to white like Prince requested in the memory of his grandchild. Tony sat and waited at the doors of Paisley checking his watch and trying to keep his hands busy by playing with his keys. While looking out the window he noticed headlights approaching the gates. His immediate instinct was to radio down to the desk and open the gates.

  "Hey Will it's Tony. Open the gates Andre is here." He said over the tiny speaker in his hand.

  "Roger that Tony. Andre's pulling in. He said that he'll give you a tip when he gets to the door."

Tony smiled and shook his head because he was very well aware of the Andre and his tricks..

  "Copy that Will." He replied then sticking his radio back onto his belt.

It was almost on cue that Andre pulled up to the door and turned off the car while Tony held the door open for him.

  "Hey man! What's going on over there? Staff is over here freaking out and asking me questions that I don't have answers to! I don't know what to say to keep everybody from thinking something bad happened to Carly! What's up?" Tony stated to Andre as he got out of the car and walked up to the building pushing passed him.

  "Just tell them that Carly is alright for the time being. Where is she?"

  "Tori? I guess she's in the living suite. Why? What happened?"

Tony was growing more and more concerned and was desperate to know how she was doing. He had always loved Carlyn like a little sister and had been worried about her ever since she was taken away by the ambulance. Andre didn't want to go into all the details right away but considering that she was like his family he gave him the information that everyone received back at the hospital.

  "Carly is awake and they were about to move her into a room out of recovery so she can rest. She had to deliver early though. One of the babies didn't make it. She.....she had lost a lot of blood."

Tony looked like he was ready to break down and cry.

  "She was having twins?!?!? Well what about the other baby?"

  "The doctors have been trying to keep her stabilized but.....she's not one hundred percent cleared to be in the nursery yet."

The anger in Andre's voice was apparent as he spoke of the events that took place after Carlyn tried to attack Tori. He was recalling the moment that he had to get Carlyn out of the way from being kicked. The knot of guilt began to form as he thought that maybe he could have been the cause of her current condition.

"I wonder if I took her down harder than I thought." He said.

"Wait.....your the one that tackled Carly?" Tony asked surprised.

"I was trying to keep her from getting a heel to the stomach. I don't know if I hit her too hard but I just pray that I didn't."

  "Nah I'm sure you didn't do anything. Don't go getting all emotional and blaming yourself. I'm curious though....what does Tori have to do with all of this? I mean I was never a fan of her anyway but....why are you here handling this?"

Andre just smiled and tossed Tony his keys.

  "Third floor right? I know she's still here and I don't wanna give myself away." He said.

  "Hey man I don't wanna be witness to a murder!" Tony shouted to him as Andre sprinted up the main stairs and began his search for Tori.

As Andre was walking the halls he had stopped at the door to the nursery which was still a work in progress and noticed something strange. The door knob was turned down and the door itself looked as if it was propped open. He slowly walked up to the door and pushed it open to find it dark and the smell of paint hit him like a ton of bricks.