Chapter 18

Beep...beep... beep... beep...I hid deeper in the pillow as the annoying sound kept on continue, mentally hoping that the beep sound would stop. But no, it's not enough and there's a banging sound too. I snapped my eyes open groggily and I moved my body, it hurts like hell. Then everything came back rushing to me. I gasped, I sprung out of the bed ignoring the pain around my body and my abdominal and looked around. I flexibly relaxed when I noticed I'm at the hospital. But then the same banging sound was heard again and I guess there's fight happening outside my room.

"No!!"\Huh? Ken? Why is he so work up? I stopped on my track and decided not to interfere until I know what's going on. I heard some shuffling.

"Please Ken, at least please let me see her." Luna Kira's voice came. I frowned. What's really happening now? Why is Luna Kira... begging?

"You don't beg him Kira! If he doesn't let us then forget it!" Alpha Ryu's voice sounded harsh and mad. But why is Ken being so rude?

"No Ryu! You don't understand! If I told her sooner, the baby will be alive!" Luna Kira's voice broke. But that didn't caught my attention but... baby? My hand flew to my stomach and it hurts. Tears sprang my eyes as I held my breath. I'm... pregnant? And the baby is dead?

"It's not your fault Luna Kira! Please remember it's not the abuse that killed our baby but the drug!!" O-Our baby... I lost Ken's baby...I stiffled a sob as I softly collapse down to the ground. I lost my baby. My heart broke into pieces and nothing hurts more than the truth. The truth that my baby is dead. Not even the abuse hurt more than this. I heard Luna Kira still trying to argue and say that's her fault but..

I lost Ken's baby. My baby. Our baby. I heard more footsteps came near the room and I don't care. All I care about is how much it hurts to lose our baby. The door opened and footsteps stopped. Tears were freely falling down my cheeks and I felt numb.

"Mina! Oh baby.." Ken called in surprise and he wrapped his arms around me. I choked and a sob escaped, I felt that I can't breathe. I hid in his shoulder as I wailed. Ken cooed me and set me back on the bed.Physical pain is incomparable to my mental pain and my heart, I felt like someone just poured acid on my heart melting it in pain. Clutching onto Ken, I buried my face in his chest, feeling ashamed and a failure.

"K-Ken..I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry!" I cried, begging his forgiveness over and over again.

** * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mina! Oh baby.." My heart broke at the sight of a broken Mina, the anger subsided instantly. She shouldn't be up. Heck she shouldn't even be listening to our conversation. We all suffered. We all do but no one can compare the pain Mina's having. She doesn't even know she's pregnant for God sake! We didn't even have time to celebrate or notice the existence of it and when we knew about it, it's gone. Fat chubby tears rolled down her face as she choked back a sob. But as soon as I wrapped my arms around her, she hid her face in my shoulder and she started wailing.

Wailing for our unknown baby. My wolf howled in sadness, feeling what Mina's feeling. Our heart clutched in pain and no words can describe how painful it is. I cooed her as I carried her and placed her back down on the bed. Bandages are all wrapped around her and she didn't even seemed to notice. Some wounds are even reopened. I looked over to Oscar and pleaded him with my eyes. He nodded and went to find the doctor right after planting a small kiss on Alissa's lips.

Small hands clutched my clothes and I felt her trembled. I tighten my grip on her, closed my eyes and tried to take her pain away and it pains me to know that I can't do anything. But the words left her lips shocked me.

"K-Ken..I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry!" Why is she saying sorry?! It'snot even her fault that our baby left. I shook my head, tears escaped my eyes and I don't bother to wipe it away. It hurts both of us.Deeply.

"M-Mina.." Luna Kira started but she got cut off by Alissa.

"I apologized for being rude Luna Kira, but you shouldn't be here at the moment. Please, if you can, give us a moment." Alissa's words are straight forward and soft. Luna Kira looked troubled and she pursed her lips, slowly nodding her head before leaving with Alpha Ryu. I knew we are so going to get it for being rude to Alpha Ryu and LunaKira but for the time being, we need each other.

"Don't apologize baby. It's not your fault." I whispered to Mina, my voice betraying me slightly. She shook her head in my chest, still trying to control her sob and talk to me.

"N-No..it's me.. I didn't even know our baby is here with me." She shrieked in pain. "I didn't know! What mother would let their baby die!? I didn't even get to acknowledge him or her Ken! I killed it! I killed our baby!" She wailed louder. The beep on the machine is getting stronger and faster which freaked us out. Mina started having trouble breathing and I gasped.

"MINA!" I grasped her shoulder as she tried to breath. The door opened but I'm far too focused on Mina to bother. Cupping her cheek, I tried to talk to her but she didn't listen. She didn't hear me. The beep soon slowed down and at that moment, I noticed the doctor is right beside me with a syringe in his hand. He shook his head and placed his hands on my shoulder, giving me a squeeze.

"She will have more panic attacks son. Be more careful with her... I know it will continue to be hard on you for the next few weeks but do you know? Mates are the best cure. Just be patience with them and everything is going to be alright." Then the doctor walked out. I craddled Mina in my arms as I soothed her with a song and ran my fingers through her hair. Looking down at her, she looked in pain and she looked like she's suffering badly from a nightmare.

I hoped all of this is just a nightmare and we will wake up from all of it. But no. All of this is not a dream and we will not wake up from it. I softly wiped away all her tears and sighed.

"Ken..you are not alone remember? We are a family now." Alissa whispered hoarsely at me. I smiled sadly at her. She's right. We are family. Oscar gave me a hug and kissed Mina's forehead before carrying a weeping Alissa to the couch in the room and rest. All of us are tired and sad but I believe, we can go through this together.