Chapter Sixteen//Happily Never After

"Were you as nervous on your wedding day?" Sophia asked Wendy as she helped her fasten her dress, smirking as she heard Wendy chuckle.

"Jax and I got married for the wrong reasons, I was a strung-out junkie and he was lonely—so no our wedding wasn't like this. I'm glad he ended up with you, Gwen wasn't right for him and Tara hated who he was." Wendy said as she placed the crown of flowers on Sophia's head. She looked herself over in the mirror, loving how she looked like a hippy in her flower crown and white flowy dress with no shoes.

"Thank you, Wendy—you are amazing and without you, our lives would be hectic." She smiled as she hugged Wendy, loving that they could get along in a way Gwen and she couldn't. She was gratful to have a woman like Wendy around, a woman who she could call to when she felt she needed a break.

Sophia was a mother of four amazing kids, and knew she wanted more, but first she wanted the ring and the last name.

"Let's get you married—who is walking you to Jax?" She asked as she opened the door to the dorm room, Sophia loving the fact that they were having the wedding in the clubhouse. Sophia looked down at her bouquet, her eyes watering as she thought of her sister. It had been five months since the funeral, five months of missing her voice, missing her advice and missing her.

"Can you? Gabby always said she would but—She isn't here." Sophia said as she felt tears fall down her cheeks Wendy rushing to wipe them before her makeup was ruined.

"Of course, I would love to walk you down the aisle, to my ex-husband." She joked as both ladies chuckled at the irony. "I'm sure my man Nero won't mind." She said as she held her arm out, Sophia taking it as a smile went over her face.

"Is he the one that runs Diosa International? I heard Jax talking about wanting to do business there." Sophia feeling hesitant since it was a known brothel.

"Let's get you married, business later." Wendy smiled as they walked down the hall. The moment they came into the main room it went silent, her eyes going to Jax as she saw the shocked look on his face. She smiled as they locked eyes, her body shaking as hadn't ever remembered being so nervous.

She was glad that he wore his Kutte, since his club had been part of his life before they even met. Sophia smiled as she saw the preacher standing by Jax, the butterflies in her stomach going insane as she couldn't believe this was the big moment.

"Who gives this woman in marriage?"

"We all do." The room said collectively as Sophia giggled, her eyes going to Gemma who was holding Thomas and Charlotte, Abel and Ren by her legs. They weren't the typical family, but they were a happy family.

"I understand you two want to do this traditional, correct?" The preacher asked as they both nodded, Sophia taking a deep breath as she handed her flowers to Wendy and placed her hands in Jax's.

"Do you Jackson Nathaniel Teller, Take Sophia Myra Wolfe as your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live."

"I do, I also promise to love you unconditionally and make sure to never break your heart." Jax smiled as he gripped her hands.

"Do you, Sophia Myra Wolfe take Jackson Nathaniel Teller, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?" The preacher asked, Jax furrowing his brow as Sophia dropped his hands and slid over to Wendy.

"Goodness I don't know it's a huge decision right, I mean I always said if I was gonna do I was gonna do it once and that was it" She said, everyone bursting into laughter as she walked back to Jax, tears coming to his eyes as he knew that she was going to make him laugh for the rest of their lives. "I do take him as my husband, and my best friend, and father of my children." Sophia continued as she grabbed his hands.