Chapter Ten//Healing The Past

"You sure this is him? I don't wanna go see the wrong kid." Jax asked as Juice dropped off the info he had found on Sophia's son. He was fifteen with blonde hair, green eyes and according to his high school, was the best running back in the state of Nevada.

"I'm positive man, look I had to pull about ten favors to get these records, jobs are on the line—its him." Juice said as he handed Jax the large portrait.

"Jesus, he looks just like Sophia, same smile and everything." Jax said as he looked at the pictures, a smile forming on his face as he knew now what he needed to do. Wendy was taking Abel for the long weekend, which meant he was taking Sophia on a road trip. He knew that keeping the surprise was going to be hard, but in the end, he hoped it was going to be worth it.

Jax waited for Juice to leave before calling Sophia, hoping that she would agree to the unplanned road trip that would take them to the next state. Before he could even dial her number, his phone rang, a chuckle escaping him as he loved her timing.

"I was just about to call you."

"You ain't gotta lie, Jax." She said as Jax burst into laughter, loving how no matter what she could always bring a smile to his face.

"What are you doing? I was wondering if you aren't busy, you and I could take a little trip tonight." Jax said knowing the school let out early, which gave him just enough time to drive to Reno before the football game.

"I was planning on coming over and jumping your bones—what are your plans?"

"Wanna drive to Reno?" He asked casually, hoping she would think it was just a little gambling Jax wanted to do.

"Reno? What is in Reno besides a cheap version of Las Vegas?" She joked, Jax smirking as he was glad to have found a woman with an incredible sense of humor. His past girlfriends had been funny, but not like Sophia. She made him laugh till he cried and made the best of any situation no matter how terrible.

"Let's just get away for the night—come on, it'll be fun." He said hoping she agreed, but if not he was still taking her.

"Sounds fun baby—let me go home and get changed, and just pick me up in an hour. Are we taking the bike?" She asked as Jax heard the radio start in her car, his heart racing as he was both nervous and excited about the night ahead.

"No—we can take your car, I'll park my bike at your house." Jax said, a smile on his face as they exchanged I love you's and hung up, a grin on his face as he looked down at the picture of Sophia's son, Jacobi. He was a smart kid, with a heart of gold, his list of volunteer work about as long as Jax's arm. He knew that even though the kid wasn't raised by Sophia, the apple hadn't fallen far from the tree.

                                                             ***

"So, what do you wanna do first when we are there?" Sophia asked as she gripped his hand, her fingers twirling his SONS rings as a smirk rose on her face. They had been on the road for an hour, and the entire time Sophia had gushed about her kids and how they made finger paintings. She loved being a teacher, but her real dream was to someday be a real mother.

"Go to a game?"

"A game? What do you mean baby?" She asked as she moved her fingers from his hand to his hair, knowing he loved when she massaged his head. She smiled as Jax took her hand and kissed her fingers, a smile on his face that told her it was a secret. She loved surprises most of the time if they were tasteful and not something that made her scream.

She remembered peeing herself when her fellow Disney coworkers scared her one Halloween, a blush going over her face as the memory always made her feel embarrassed. Sophia sat back and got lost in the scenery, loving just being able to be around the man she loved.