12| You Will Regret This

Start from the beginning

"Why are they even fighting? Where is Humza? Why isn't he stopping this?" I probe.

"too curious. Are we?" Maliha spoke while adding salt to whatever she was cooking.

"I am just amused. I have never seen adults fighting like that." I pointed out.

"Yeah! yeah! I know. Malika is fighting because apparently only she is allowed to enter the foyer and not the others but today Shaila did. So they are fighting like idiots over it." Are these people even an adult?

"How kiddish is that?" I titter.

"I don't know when will Humza stop all of this." Bibijaan spoke sadly.

That man is a super duper idiot. A whole week had passed by since I last saw him properly. I wonder if he is trying to ignore or disregard me like I did. Might be he is taking a revenge. Not that I miss him but it's disturbing. I mean the moment he even knows that I am around, he absconds like he has seen a ghost.

He doesn't even look at me if I pass by. Although I would be honest that I was really overwhelmed with the way he behaved with Ahad the other day. That wasn't expected from him. He had ordered a lot of dishes from a hotel because my biryani wasn't enough and ample for all of us. That day I ate with him for the first time.

I remembered that some biryani was left in the vessel but when I came back to clean the mess, It was all cleaned. Maybe bibijaan cleaned it and threw the remaining away.

"What's happening?" His husky voice echoed accross the hall and all at once there was pin drop silence. I wanted to see what he would do, so I literally dragged and hauled Maliha with me to the hall.

The moment I entered, his eyes snapped to me. They were pitch dark as they rested on me and I wanted to cower and grovel back. He wasn't alone. Huzaifa and two other men were along with him.

Huzaifa mumbled an 'Assalamo alaikum' and I replied to him as well. Humza passed a glower to him and Huzaifa soon averted his gaze. Both are mad.

"Humza they all were bullying me just because you care for me so much. I don't understand what wrong have I done to any of them." Malika spoke and my jaws dropped to the floor. How fast can she even change her colors?

"They all decide to plot against me. They wanted me to go away. I don't even have a family Humza. Where would I go?" She sniveled and I had no clue that why wasn't anybody stopping her.

Humza was enraged and incandescent. His jaws were gritted and he was glaring at all of them. This was too much.

"Why isn't anyone Telling him the truth?" I murmured to Maliha.

"He won't listen. He is too protective about her." Maliha replied back and I don't know why I felt my insides clench.

"Is that true?" His husky voice scorches in the foyer. Every women in there had a scowl on their faces and that included me too.

Is he blind?

"Yes it is Humza. They even called me a bitch." She whimpered.

"She's lying." I raise my voice and all eyes were now on me. I don't even know why I said it.

"You are such a liar. She was the one who was constantly shouting at them calling them names, not the other way round." I tried to explain.