All My Friends are Heathens

I screamed at the top of my lungs. "WALRIDER! WALRIDER....PLEASE!" Tears streamed down my hot cheeks as it felt like the baby was tearing me apart from the inside out. A black mist gathered in the corner of the room. "Please...."I whimpered to it, with an outstretched hand. It did something entirely different. It shoved itself down my throat. I gurgled and gagged, thrashing. Eddie ran in, seeing a tunnel of black must shove itself into my thrashing body. His face contorted in fear as he watched, unable to help his wife. My back arched and blood ran from my eyes like tears as I screamed one last time. My body slammed back onto our bed. Then I lay still.
EDDIE'S POV
"E...ELAINE?!" I ran to my darling as I caressed her broken face. Blood ran down her cheeks like crimson tears. My beautiful wife. Our baby. DAMN YOU WALRIDER. GOD DAMN YOU! The one person to ever love me...now lay in our bed...lifeless....broken.
ELAIN'S POV
I was floating. Flying. Soft pink and gold and lavender clouds brushed my face. Heaven? But Eddie....and our baby... A black must caressed my face.
"Not yet, sweet child. Not yet." He reached out for my hand and I tentatively took it. As soon as I took his ghostly fingers...i was ripped from the soft clouds and flung back to earth. Back into the soft bed. Back to my husband. I gasped for air as my lungs inflated and the sweet taste of oxygen filled my senses. I sat up swiftly and and instinctually touched my stomach. No pain. None. I looked at my husband. "The walrider....saved our baby."
"Elaine....how!?"
"He killed me to do it."