And See How Happy You Will Be

He dropped his knife.  "Darling! You are perfect!" He said as his eyes widened. "Nothing vulgar...all beauty.  A warm place to welcome our children."  I just kind of stood there awkardly. "What is your name dear?" He asked me. 
"E-Elaine. "  I answered. Eddie extended his hand for me to take.   So I took it.   He led me to a sewing area where a makeshift alter had been set up and wedding dresses were everywhere.  "Did you make all of this?" I asked, amazed. He nodded and led me to a beautiful wedding gown.  It was a mermaid tail and sweetheart top cut with lace at the hips.  Stunning.  I turned around to Ed to compliment him on his work and he was on one knee.  My jaw hit the floor.  "WHA?" was the only sound that came out of my mouth.
Eddie smiled.  " I told you I wanted to marry you." He said as he presented me with a simple diamond ring. Tears welled up in my eyes.
"Why...why are you crying?" He asked confused.  I held my slashed up wrist to him.  He looked at it and saddness filled his face.  He took my wrist and kissed every little scar.  I dropped to my knees with him and took his face in my hands. "Why?" He asked. 
My lip trembled. "My father brother uncle and sister..."
"Darling I-" I cut him off by pressing my mouth to his. He tangled one of his hands in my hair and kissed back.  I sighed and pulled away.  "Marry me, darling."
I nodded my head rapidly. Smiling like a fool.  "Yes."