Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

'Where did they take you?' I asked.

The wolf looked at me with bright eyes. 'Here's what I know,' she began.

• • •
*Jasmine's POV*

I slumped to the ground, my whole body aching as bruises were already formed. I felt blood dripping down my skin, mixing to the dirt and sweat covering my body.

My eyes drooped with exhaustion. This wasn't the Rogue King's doing, or even Kyan, but Jared's. Why? I have no clue.

Kyle was chained up on the other side of the room. He looked a lot worse and than I felt. His beatings were worse and was done by Kyan.

"Jasmine?" His voice was weak and barely audible, but I could still hear him.

"Yes?" I replied, my voice hoarse from the dryness and lack of water in my throat.

"I'm sorry."

My brows knitted in confusion. "For what?" I asked.

He looked up at me. My heart clenched at how broken he looked.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I regret all of it so much," he apologized, his voice also dry from the lack of water.

My eyes softened. "I already forgave you."

"I have to say it again. I know that I don't deserve your forgiveness at all."

I didn't say anything but stared at him with a soft smile on my face. The first one I've had since I've gotten here. Kyle and I've become friends. He's been the only one who I can talk to. It's been hell. I've weaken so much that I can't even stand on my own without collapsing.

Not only have I been physically abused, but sexually as well. Now I've been getting nightmares that I use to get back in high school.

Kyle stared back at me. After a while he spoke with determination, "I'm going to get you out of here."

I sighed, "Kyle, we've tried everything. Look where it's gotten us. There's just too much security and my family is in danger if I don't do what he says."

Kyle frowned. "But there's got to be a way."

I shook my head, "I don't think so. We've been here for months and had no luck. My wolf hasn't spoken to me in about two months because of all the wolfsbane. I can't shift and even stand."

I couldn't even imagine what Parker's going through. The thought just makes my heart clench.

"Are you thinking about your mate?" Kyle asked gently with a knowing look on his face. I nodded slightly glancing down.

I've never missed anyone as much as I miss Parker.

A lump formed in my throat and I bit my lip to stop from crying. I've never thought that I would feel this way about anyone. To be honest, I'm very happy he is my mate. The more time I spend thinking about him the more I care about him and the more I feel that I actually do love him.

I'd give anything to see him again.

I looked back up at Kyle. "What happened to your mate?" I asked curiously.