Chapter Six

Thank you hoebent for this amazing cover! I love it so much!

I sighed as I leaned back on the couch in my room while digging into a tub of Heath ice cream with a gigantic spoon, sulking

Why?

I was angry with the world. Angry about my past. Angry that I have a mate. More specifically, Alpha Parker as my mate.

Now I know that there is nothing that I can do and that I should just deal with it, but I will not let the same thing happen twice in my life.

A soft knock landed on my door distracting me from watching the show that was currently on, which happened to be The Big Bang Theory. I just happen to like it, ok? I find it extremely hysterical. Obviously Sheldon is the best character.

"Come in." I call out through another mouth full of ice cream.

I turned my attention back to the TV and laughed out as Sheldon said something smart yet stupid at the same time. Sorry, I have no life really.

"You ok?" Zoey's soft voice filled my ears. I turned my attention to her and shrugged, "I'm fine. Why?"

Zoey looked at me skeptically. She was quiet for a moment before replying, "Well, you always eat ice cream in your room when you are upset or angry with the world. You also spend half of the day up here, too." I just stared at her. I didn't really know what to say because she just spoke my whole life in two sentences.

There are only a few things I need to survive:

Nutella
Netflix
Ice cream (more specifically Heath or cookie dough)
My phone

"I guess I'm not 'ok'." I respond while chuckling a little. Zoey looked at me curiously and waited patiently for me to continue. Sighing deeply I turned my whole body towards her.

"I'm just thinking about my past," I mutter with a small shrug. I fiddled with my fingers and bit my lip. Zoey picked up my hand off my lap and held it. Her eyes had a sad look in them. "You mean what happened with Kyan?" Zoey's voice was soft and almost barely audible. I slightly nodded.

Kyan was my ex-boyfriend from when I was 17 and a senior in high school. The memories will never go away and it is best not to think about them.

"Kyan's a bítch," Zoey commented her voice bitter and a frown etched across her face. My eyes widened as I stared down at Zoey. Did she just?

Without thinking too much about the fact that my 10 year old sister just called someone a bítch, but it's true. Kyan is a bítch.

"He is," I found myself nodding to Zoey's comment without scolding her. We both fell into a comfortable silence and continued watching.

.

.

.

Damn it, why did I agree to go to the Mate Bond with Anthony? I have a mate now. I scowled at the thought. Maybe I should use that as an excuse.