Chapter Thirty-six

Song: "Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time" By: Panic! At The Disco

[WARNING: Some steamy scenes ahead!]

"As you all know, this is a special ceremony

"As you all know, this is a special ceremony. I have found my mate and will be announcing and introducing you to the Luna of this pack. She is strong, confident, and definitely has the qualities and characteristics of a great leader and Luna. Your Luna. My Luna. I'd like to welcome, Jasmine Davis, former member of the Moonlit Waters Pack, as your new Luna," Parker finished his short speech and gestured for me to come up to the stage.

Nervously, I stood up from my chair and went up, careful not to accidentally trip and fall on the steps. Imagine how embarrassing that would be.

My eyes locked with Parker's as I made my way to his side. He placed a hand on the small of my back when I reached him. Warmth seeped through the thin material of my dress.

My eyes settled out on the pack. I didn't realize how many people were actually in the pack until I saw them there before me, all looking at my excitedly. They cheered and I felt even more nervous. What if I wasn't good enough for them? What if they didn't like me?

Parker handed me a microphone. I took it hesitantly. I didn't feel confident like Parker made me seem to be. After taking a deep breath, I pushed all of these thoughts away and focused on the people in front of me.

"Good evening, everyone. As you all know, I'm Jasmine. I'm glad that I am able to take the position as your Luna. I'm not going to be able to do this myself, I'm going to need you guys to help me along the way. This is all so new to me, so I'm going to need you guys' help. I hope you can give me a chance and I will try to do my best," I spoke clearly. Parker rubbed circles on my waist with the pad of his thumb.

Cheers erupted from the crowd as I finished my mini speech. I found a smile make its way onto my face.

"Thank you," I said before giving the microphone back to Parker. He offered me a small smile before his face became serious.

"Do you, Jasmine Davis, promise to care for and protect this pack no matter what the price is, even if it costs your life?" He asked me loud enough so they whole pack can hear.

I nodded my head. "I do."

I watched him pick up a small knife from the podium next to him. He sliced through a small part of his skin, just enough for a small amount of blood to drip. He took my hand and made a cut on my hand.

"Are you ready?" He whispered lowly so only I can hear. I nodded my head and watched as he pressed the two cuts together. Shocks and sparks of electricity shot up my arm, not just because of the touch of my mate but all of the feelings and emotions from each and every pack member. My head started pounding as many different thoughts and voices filled my head.

My eyes lifted from our hands until they locked with Parker's. A smile graced his lips as he stared down at me. I found myself smiling back. He let go of my hand and I looked down at it noticing that the cut was healed.