25 - Love Does That - Chace Alexander

Start from the beginning

She chuckles. I grunt in frustration. She must intend to tease me with the sexual tension. "Don't sweat it, Chace. If that's what you want, I get that." She shakes her head. "Love sucks, Chace. If only you wanted to stay with me, at least you can suck me all you want."

"I just hope you find someone that you love." I peck her cheek for the last time.

-----

One last month before the long summer break, I literally have broken up all the just for fun relationship I had. I believe if I do that, I'll get my chances with Channing who I haven't seen again since the last time I drove her to Cleveland.

I feel that she has been avoiding me. She doesn't answer any of my texts and calls. I also wonder how she manages not to cross path with me unless she's with her boyfriend.

I asked Autumn but it was useless. Autumn is still a little mad at me after that last time I broke her relationship with Tyler Hale.

Damn! Two women I feel comfortable with have been staying away from me. My life couldn't have been any worse. In the hallway to the cafeteria, I run to the girl I trust to be my hope to get to Channing. "Eleanor, wait."

"Chace, hey!" she gives me a friendly smile. "Anything I can help?"

"Absolutely." I go right into the matter. "I need you to help me with Channing."

Her expression changes in a sudden. She must've known. They're best friend for God's sake. Channing must have told her not to help me to get to her. "I'm so sorry, Chace. I'd love to help but, Channing trusts me."

"Please, Eleanor. Trust me." I look at her with begging eyes. "Fine, at least tell me why she has been avoiding me. I thought she and I are friends." I grab her arm to make sure she's not going anywhere until I get some answers.

She gasps when our skins make a contact. She breathes in and out slowly. I see her eyes flickering between my eyes and my hands holding her arm. "I don't know how to tell you this. I think you know, sorry to say, that you love to play around breaking hearts."

"It's fine I know." I whisper.

"Well, you should know that Channing Winstead isn't like the rest. She doesn't like to play." She pulls me to the side when we realize we're standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Then what does it have to do with me? I mean we're friends. I just don't want to lose contact with her." I pretend like I have never sworn to go down the hell to get her to beg for me. But it seems like Eleanor knows better.

"Seriously, Chace? Be honest with me, she intrigues you by the way her playing hard to get. You think I believe that you won't go through hell to get her to chase you back?" she reflexes her arm which I'm holding so I let it go. "I love my best friend, Chace Alexander. I don't want her to get hurt by you. You've known as the ruthless heart-breaker, sorry again. How can I trust you now?"

She caught me off guard. I don't exactly know what to respond. Then I realize why did she say all that? That sounds like Eleanor is protecting her best friend's feelings. "Okay, would you like to help me if I promise I won't try to get to her? I'll let her live her life in peace. I just really need, want to talk to her again and be friend with her."

That's the worst lie that has ever come out of me. I don't just be friend with no benefits with girls I have interest in unless I've tried my chances on them.

She grunts. "It's too late. You had better not to."

"What do you mean?"

She sighs. "Oh please Chace. Don't you get my point?" I just give her look that I need more elaboration. She mumbles. "Channing's going to hate me for this." Then she continues. "Channing has feelings for you!" her words struck me like a lightning.

Eleanor Hans doesn't joke around, very trustworthy instead. I honestly feel my heart skips a notch when she said that. Why do I feel like this? Do I have feelings for Channing too? Are these feelings real?

All the moments I've had with her are playing like flashes of memories in my mind now, hitting me with feels. What do I really want? Having my chances with her because two kisses were not enough? Or to be someone whom she can rely on? Is it the real reason why I don't feel like playing anymore? Because I do have feelings for her? And not because I see her as a challenge or someone to relive my sexual frustration?

I ask myself again, can I just be caring to her without having any feelings for her? It's hard to proceed after all this time I've never let someone in my love life ever since I got my heartbroken, calling it as love life for the past four years is an overstatement.

"Dang! Now that you know, I really, really hope I can trust you." She is begging me. "Please, pretty please just stay away and forget her if you don't mean to keep her."

"You can trust me." That's all I can say to her.

*****

This is completely new chapter.  It's to show more on Chace previous love life before Channing.  To show how messed up and crazy that is though just in a glimpse.