31 - Another Summer with You - Madeline Carter

Part 1

It's summer time! Yay for all of us! I will have more time for reading, writing and spending days and nights with my sister. Though, I have a little brother whom five years younger than me, I definitely prefer being with my sister.

My brother, Jace, is annoying. He barges into my room and tries any ways possible to disturb me, most of the time. Even when he runs out of ideas to annoy me, he'll just sneak in and surprise me. What a prick he is!

"Maddy! A guy comes looking for you." He's knocking on my door with no patient.

Since the last time he barged in and made me spill my coffee all over my sheet and one novel became a victim, I always lock my door whenever he's home. I was crying at that time seeing my novel was stained badly.

I knock back at the door and shout. "Tell him, Madeline is occupied." One of his ways to disturb me is by teasing me about not having boyfriend. That I'm sure is just him teasing me for never having a boy coming to look for me.

"Oh that is unfortunate! The guy looks attractive." He yells. "I'll tell him you're not interested in real hot guys but more into fictional boys."

My brother, Jace Carter is being the voice of truth. Although he sounds teasing, I don't feel he's lying. I ask myself, whether it is real or not. Who on earth coming to look for me? An attractive guy, he said, another reason why that is hard to believe. I don't have any appointment either.

I check my phone which I have been put on silent mode. I need the world to be silent when I am reading on my favorite novel. It helps me to get in the feelings, drowning myself into the characters' situation.

Two unread text messages and two missed calls are all from the same person. My heart skips a beat at the name, the attractive hot guys, Aaron Alexander. My brother didn't lie. It must be him looking for me.

I'm running out of the room so excited that I forget whom I'm going to meet and what I'm wearing. I'm halfway to where they are when I find him with my sister and another young girl. Oh does he have a thing for teenager?

"Maddie! There she is." My sister turns to me.

I'm standing here like a fool wearing short pants and loose t-shirt. This is so embarrassing. But I guess this is me; shameless, clumsy, and sassy, all in one.

He is smiling wide and waving a hand in the air. "Nice to see you, Madeline!"

My sister is standing up. "Your friends are nice. So I think I'll leave you guys." She walks past me and gives a pat on my shoulder.

I certainly cannot just go back to my room and change my clothes, so I just need to gather my confidence and face him. "Hi, Aaron!" I smile awkwardly.

"Chace, please." He corrects his name.

As I'm walking to him, he's standing up and hugging me when I'm close enough. Oh my God! I regret not having to spray perfume all over my clothes. Ah that is fine, I just showered. My body scent must be really nice, so does my hair.

I wonder and ask as he pulls himself back. "So it is Chace now?" his expression changes in a sudden. I cuss myself in my mind for being nosy and blunt.

His laugh makes me relieved. "Don't ask." Then he turns to that young girl and pulls her to me. "She's my sister, Zoey Alexander."

"Hi, Zoey!" I put on my sweet smile.

She clearly is at the same age as me. Dang! This couldn't be more awkward now that I'm thinking about my secretly huge crush on him. He has sister at my age and my own sister is even two years younger than him too.