04 - Winter in Your Eyes - Chace Alexander

Lynda jumps up from my lap. "What again now?" Lynda shouts at me after I told her I can't go on a date tonight.

I'm looking at her innocently like I always do to any girl whenever I feel sorry and try to apologies. In most situations it does work. Thanks to my father for inheriting his deep and charming eyes which are perfect for any situation as I can set them to look innocent, tempting or firm.

"Don't give me that look." She looks away from me. Apparently she really is disappointed that she won't allow herself to get flattered. "You've cancelled 2 weekends in a row." She adds.

I try to remember but I don't realize what she claims to be my mistake. "So this is going to be the third. Third time is a charm, right?" That was a wrong respond. I should've controlled myself to be more serious at this very time.

"What did you say?" Now she takes one step back. "Really? Chace, are you kidding me? You don't seem to care about it at all!"

I let out a sigh. I really don't have time to negotiate with her. She's getting harder to calm. "I care! You're just being overreacted."

"Huh! It's my fault now? Overreacted? Tell me, how I'm supposed to react on my boyfriend refusing to spend another weekend with his girlfriend?" her voice tone is raising one to two pitch higher.

If only she didn't look that pretty when she's mad, I'd just walk away and throw this relationship. This one just seems like any other usual relationships I've been in before. I still take pleasure, in all this though. Thus I don't want to end this yet. Lynda has been very nice too.

I'm standing up from the bench. We're at the park near campus. "I have very important thing to do with my best friend." Eventually I can think of valid reason. I'll have Autumn back me up. Isn't it her idea after all? I hold her arms softly trying to calm her. "You can ask Autumn Collins. I promised to help her with her research. We only have time on this weekend."

I see her thinking about that. She looks me right in the eyes, trying to nail every lie out of my eyes. If it was a lie, she probably would find out. What I said wasn't completely lie. It can be said as half-truth and half-lie. With the way I look at her now, only the truth can be seen.

She sighs heavily after minutes of silence of considering my half-truth reason. "Okay then."

I smile pleasantly and kiss her. One of the signs that she's fine is that she welcomes my kiss passionately. She runs her fingers through my hair as I pull her closer. We're kissing for quite long until I stop it before it reaches to the level of aggressive making out.

"Why can't Autumn ask another person?" Yet she still has her doubt.

I cup her face with my hands. "You said okay. Okay is end of discussion, love." I put my arm around her waist. "I'll walk you back to your place. It's 3 p.m. already. Autumn must be waiting for me."

------

I've cleaned up myself pretty well. My phone is vibrating shortly. One text message is received. It's from Autumn telling me her friend is all alone in her room. Another text message is from Autumn again, telling me her friend's name.

I learn the name carefully as if my future depends on it. I'm not familiar with the name. I don't think I've ever known her. I spell her name many times in my head. That sounds just right.

Autumn once told me that she is her roommate for almost two years. I don't know her yet. I barely visit Autumn on her room. If we meet, we meet anywhere but in her dorm nor my dorm. We don't meet often either.