29 - Feel the Heat - Channing Winstead

Books are windows to the world, an old, well known –too famous- saying which everyone is familiar with. I love books more than any guilty pleasure I have. Okay, that's too much to say. I mean I just love reading.

Maybe the right comparison is my love for Chace Alexander and reading, reading wins. Just kidding, or not? Well, my love for reading has grown more and more since I was born. Whereas my love for Chace has just started, it certainly will be growing too. I hope so for both of us.

"This is so cool!" I exclaim. We're visiting Former Site of The Old Corner Bookstore. Chace knows well how to get me. He also buys some coffees before.

So now I have coffees while visiting the site were famous books were published. Coffees and books, what can be more amazing than that? Oh yeah, TV Shows! The Vampire Diaries, to be exact Damon and Elena.

Focus Channing! My boyfriend is right here with me. He's so hot in plain white t-shirt, black shirt and jeans. He keeps staring at me and the view in turn. I know that he likes doing that, taking glances so often at me. He has his arm around my waist most of the time, while the other hand holding the coffees.

Since the last time I refused to kiss him in Boston Common, he hasn't tried again. My heart is sincerely moved by how gentleman he has been. He has changed gradually. Though, Chace is still Chace sometimes.

Just in time I'm going to appreciate him being a good boy, he is playing 'nice' to some brunette girl who I believe a few years older than him. That girl almost stumbles on him but he catches her. "You okay, dear?" he smirks. Ugh seriously!

"Thanks, you saved me from the embarrassment." She smiles back. Chace is even still having his arm around my waist. I clear my throat to get their attention. "Oh, you must be his girlfriend."

I resist myself to not roll my eyes at her statement. Of course I'm his girlfriend. Why the hell he has his arm around my waist if I was not!

"Here, take this." Chace gives one of our coffees to that girl. "It's perfectly safe. We haven't drunk it." He adds a sweet good boy smile.

Even if that wasn't safe, with that look and smile, pretty sure the girl would still take the cup. "That's really nice of you. Thanks."

I gaze at her, thinking that this has to stop. "Honey, can we go on the tour now?" I whisper but make it sound clear to her. I throw a fake smile at the girl. "Nice to meet you. Enjoy the coffee."

"Oh okay." Chace gives a peck on my cheek than back to the girl. "Chace Alexander." He says to the girl.

I take off his arm around me and don't want to hear whatever her name is. I leave them, pretending like I'm interested in something on the site. Not long after I leave, a hand shocks me when it suddenly holds my wrist. I turn to look whose hand it is, only to be more shocked to find who he is.

"Connor?" he's my ex-boyfriend, the runner with a perfect tanned skin. I admit he's hot just like Autumn said. However, the moments with him were just a spark of chemistry and plain sexual attraction with no feelings.

"Why are you here?" I try to take off his hand that holds my wrist so tight.

"I still can't believe you did this to me." He drags me out of the site.

I'm scanning the site to look for Chace. "Chace!" I yell at him and just hope he hears me yelling. That girl is so sick. She doesn't understand the meaning of girlfriend. "Let go of me!" his hand is too strong on mine.

"Why don't you give me chances that maybe we can work on our relationship?" he keeps pushing me with such questions. When we broke up, I didn't give exact reasons. I just did.