09- The Voice of Reasons - Autumn Collins

We've been walking around downtown city, chatting loudly like we have no shame, dropping by some café for coffee, taking a few pictures when we find a good spot and other things that make me feel as if I had been drinking much so I feel out of mind. This is our girls' night out.

"Hey Autumn, here's your coffee." Michelle hands me a paper cup of coffee. "Latte with double crèmes." She confirms my usual coffee.

I take the cup and say. "Thank you." It's been the second café we stopped by just to buy coffees.

"I bet if we stop by for another coffee again, we won't have a sleepover. We'll have a stay-up-all-night over." Sarah's thought makes me laugh. I think she's right. Our plan to have a sleepover in Grace's apartment will be filled with never ending chatting, joking, throwing some pillows and bolsters until we'll be asleep when the morning comes.

"Autumn, how's Chace?" Michelle whispers to me. She walks beside me through the sidewalk. Grace and Sarah are in front of us.

I don't really know what to answer when she asks that. Michelle has a crush on Chace since they first met at one class some semesters ago. She freaked out when she knew he's my best friend. She's been asking about Chace as if she forgets how much I've told her that Chace has been with one girl to another.

"I wish this is going to be the last you ask about him. Chace isn't available. Never will be, I think. So you might want to start looking for someone else." I can't lie. I don't want to give her false hope.

She looks hopeless. "Can you at least tell me that I still have a chance to be in his list?" She must be kidding. Yeah, she couldn't be serious when she said that.

I take a deep breath trying to be patient. "Michelle, I can tell him to get to you but you'll just be one of his girls. You don't want that."

"Autumn, I'm not you. Remember I'm still like any other girls who will be glad to be one of his girls." She nods. "So yes I'd love to give him a try."

I grunt. "That thought grosses me. Pathetic. Sorry, no offense."

"None taken."

That conversation with Michelle gets my mind into wondering how Chace and Channing are. What have they been doing so far? Will Chace keep his promise? Will Channing stay sane? She must be cursing me right now for planning all this. And what can be worse is I won't be at the dorm tonight.

If something happens, I'll regret it for failing her as sober sponsor. No what am I thinking? Channing is the most resolute person I've ever known who stands strong in what she believes in. She may not realize but she influences me in a good way.

"Girls! I think I need to go somewhere first. You all can go without me." Grace and Sarah turn back when I tell that. "I know where your apartment, Grace" I looks at her. "It's not that far." I add.

Sarah guesses. "Are you going to make another round for coffee?"

I shake my head as in no.

"Okay, go fast." Grace gives me a light hug. Then all the other do so. I walk as fast as I can and go to opposite direction that the girls take.

Only a quarter mile walking through the sidewalk, I'm already on the campus area. A couple walks in front me is slowing down my pace. But then I remember I don't know where I should go. Stupid Autumn! I text Chace asking where they are.

A minute later one text message received is from Chace. I hurriedly open it and read. His reply shocks me. 'Kissing at my spot'. I read them all over again, wanting to believe I read them wrong. When I look up from my phone, I bump into a couple. I catch my phone right after it is slipping through my hand.