27 - The Talk - Channing Winstead

It's been a week since Chace and I are officially together and still hard to believe this is happening between us. I never wanted any of this. Falling in love with him was out of the plan. He's known as the ruthless heart-breaker. My friends had told me that I might be just his next victim. Although I have my doubt, I assure myself about his promise.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He wraps his arm around me and gives a peck on the cheek. I still blush at the touch of his lips.

I make myself comfortable with him sitting beside me on this bench. "Chace!" I nudge his stomach when he smiles so cutely to a girl passing.

"She smiled at me." He defends his act, like usual. "Can't I just be nice to everyone?"

"You mean to every girl? That's risky." I grab his face and make him look at me. "Come on, Chace. Is it that hard?"

"Kind of." He replies without guilt. "You have no idea how hard it is to go from having endless list of girls to just one girlfriend." His confession is like a stab in the heart. But his innocent pout makes my heart flattered.

The hell with that Channing! I mentally slap myself to think clearly. His innocent eyes! Ignore them I tell myself. However, I think he must be just teasing me. I pull him closer to reach his lips. Bringing my lips to his, I kiss him slow then suddenly bite his lips.

"Aw, hurt."

I pretend to be innocent about that. "Ow, sorry. Did it hurt?" I bite my bottom lips, showing doe eyes.

He strokes his bottom lip at where I bit him. "You dare to play rough with me now?" he tightens his arm wrapping me. "Prepare yourself for the revenge coming on."

"See we bring out the worst of each other." I wink and he just smirks. I change the subject to the summer break we're going to have soon. "What's your plan for the summer break?" I secretly wish having summer vacation with him in spite of the summer job I take, I can spare some time for him; I want to.

"I have internship for this summer. Perhaps we can have some time to go somewhere together."

I hope my parents will let me. They trust Chace so much that sometimes I wonder how and why. Does Chace really have charms that work on everyone? I maintain to look cool. "I have summer job too. But we definitely deserve some time together."

"You do want it." He smiles in the crooked way. "I'll see what I can do about that." He gives me one long kiss while his arm still wrapping my body. He's pressing my body against his body. It feels so warm and nice. Being with him makes me feel safe.

"I'm so grateful."

"I feel content." He stands up. "I have class, love. I'll see you later."

-----

I decide to go out with Autumn this evening. We've been busy with our own business. I need this time to strengthen our good friendship. I even just found out she broke up with Tyler a few days ago. Some friend I am! She didn't tell me until I asked her. Nevertheless, she seems to get through it well.

"Richard O'Connell is cute." I tease her about the guy I've known she has spent quite often with. I honestly find her with Richard more than she's with Tyler even before the break up.

She punches my arm. "Oh, he's a friend. Partner in project, actually."

"I said nothing about that. I'm just saying he's cute and nice." I see her cheeks are flushed. "And you're blushing because of that."

We're walking together around the city with coffees to accompany us on the way. I like walking around and just talking with her or Eleanor if she isn't busy with the students' committee matters or Zach.