24 - You Tell Me - Autumn Collins

A/N
Lynda is in the media ^^
***

I can't stand it anymore. I can't just sit still and do nothing. He ruined my relationship. This isn't the first time. God, help me! Who the hell he thinks he is? Moreover, what has got into his mind so he always does that to me?

Chace Alexander, you don't mess with me and run away with it. Thankfully he replied my text when I asked his whereabouts, near his favorite spot with his best mate. It seems he doesn't feel any guilt about what he just did.

"Do you like me?" I shove him with no other question than to attack him. He's talking with Bradley. I give a not-in-the-mood smile to Bradley.

Bradley gets the sign well, patting Chace on the shoulder. "Talk to you later, man."

"What did you say?" he asks as now he faces me. "Oh of course I like you. You're my best friend."

I roll my eyes, not interested to joke. "You know what I mean. The kind of like that you want to sleep with me!" I yell. Damn, I can't be blunter than that.

Eyeing me for second, he bursts into laugh hard and sits down with his back against the tree. "Come sit, Autumn. Calm down yourself." He pulls my hand so I almost fall on my butt. I have no choice other than sitting beside him.

"Answer me."

He's looking at me in the eyes. "What's the matter with you?"

"You ruin my relationship with Tyler Hale!" I can't hold that. He's not easy to deal with. His sense of humor sometime makes me cranky when I need to talk about something serious.

"So this is about that jerk."

I slap his arm. "Watch your word!"

"I punched him twice because he cheated on you! What the heck Autumn!" he looks so serious now, his forehead furrowed.

I hit his chest and he just lets me. "Once! He cheated on me only one time! And right at that time you hit him like crazy!"

He stops me from hitting him, catches my wrist and holds it tight. "Have you lost your mind? You knew it and you were fine with that? And how did you know it was just once? Did he tell you that? And you foolishly trust him without any doubt?"

I'm starting to feel my eyes burning, on the edge of shedding tears, but I have to hold them. "Why do you care?"

"Do you love him? Tyler Hale? That jerk who cheated on you?" he keeps on pushing me.

"Yes! Why do you think your dear ex-girlfriend, Lynda Fitzgerald still loves you even after all that happened? You hurt her many times and she kept coming back and stayed."

I know that Lynda is still into him since we had conversation about that several days ago. We met by chance at the park.

The fact that she let Channing wear the very classy prestigious dress at the winter party was because she just wanted to see Chace happy by seeing the girl, she thought Chace had a thing for, could please him with that attractive dress. I think she literally would sacrifice anything including seeing him happy with someone else.

He sees me with concern, a real one. "I thought you're smarter than her."

I shake my head in disbelieve. This guy really doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't understand about love.

"So back to my first question." I breath in slowly. "Do you like me? Do you have feelings for me?" I make it clearer.

To be honest I don't even know why I ask him that. Do I really want to know because I care about my relationship or I do want to know what he has been feeling for me other than just as best friend?