Is He Okay?! (Sherlock)

You leaned against the wall next to the staircase that led to 221b Baker Street, and sighed heavily. Carrying all the groceries home by yourself was not a fun way to start the day. But the thought of being able to spend some quality time with your boyfriend Sherlock kept a smile on your face, and you trudged up the next flight of stairs with that in mind.

Once you reached the door to the flat that you, Sherlock, and John shared, you kicked the door a few times, as opposed to knocking, since your hands were quite full.

John answered the door and smiled when he saw you. "Oh, hello (y/n)! Need some help there?" He took a good few of the grocery bags from your hands, effectively lightening your load.

You stepped inside and expected to be met with Sherlock's smiling face, but he was nowhere to be seen. Perplexed, you turned to John, who was putting the groceries away and avoiding the new plethora of human tongues in the fridge. You rolled your eyes at Sherlock's antics but continued with your question. "John, where's Sherlock?"

John paused, his back turned to you. "He's in his bedroom," he says hesitantly, and just as he turned around to say something else to you, you bolted down the hallway.

You burst through the door to Sherlock's bedroom and found him sitting cross-legged on the floor, facing his deduction board. "Sherlock?" you asked timidly. You knew he didn't like to be interrupted when he was working, but he didn't seem to be doing much of anything, which wasn't like him at all. You walked around him so you could see his face, and noticed that he looked kind of like he was asleep. His eyes were shut, his face looked peaceful, but he was sitting up on the floor. Why would he sleep like this? "Sherlock," you prod again, but again there was no response.

John walked into the room just then, and sighed at the sight of your confused state. "I meant to tell you before you ran off, (y/n)," he explained, "Sherlock is in his mind palace. He won't be coming out of it for who knows how long."

You stroked your boyfriend's soft, curly black hair, and sighed. "Okay."

Two days later...

"John, he still hasn't moved!!" you shouted angrily down the hallway. "He doesn't eat, he doesn't sleep, when will this end?!?!"

"Whenever he feels like it, (y/n), just give him time!" John, who was reading a newspaper in the living room, yelled back.

"I have given him time, this is the third day of this ridiculousness, it's going out of control! How much longer will he have to be like this?!"

"Not much longer at all," a deep baritone voice said calmly behind you.

You whipped around to see Sherlock standing in the doorway of his bedroom, leaning on it a bit for support. There were dark circles underneath his eyes, and his hair was messy. "Sherlock!" you gasped, and engulfed him in an enourmous hug, clinging to him like he was your life source.

He gently returned the embrace. "Everything's alright, (y/n)," he said soothingly, running his fingers through your hair. "I'm alright."

🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍🔍
This was a request from @hayleybee32325, who I'm guessing either changed her username or deleted her account, because it's not matching any username or anything. hayleybee32325, if you're reading this, let me know what your username is now, unless you deleted your account and left for good I guess...

Anyway, sorry about the super long wait, and let me know if you have requests!