Chapter 13

By the time Ema reached Sunrise Residence, she could already feel the pressure on her shoulders. She knew that behind these closed doors, her brothers were waiting for her to give them a proper explanation. Not only had she been selfish but also have caused great confusion and nuisance to them.

"Chii," Juli said worriedly. "You don't have to bother with those wolves. Chip didn't do anything wrong!"

Ema smiled sadly. "But I've caused them so much trouble and confusion...I have to apologize one way or another. They deserve it."

"Hmph," Juli said. "Why should you apologize to them? They don't know anything that you've been through."

Ema just sadly smiled as she patted Juli on the head. "Thanks for worrying, Juli. But I'm okay."

With a worried expression stricken across Juli's face, he couldn't help but think why it was always her that had to go through all of this. Not once did the people she associated with her got hurt. It was always her. Her only. Ema walked into the building and took the elevator ride up, each passing second was an extra weight on her shoulders. Finally, she came before the door. The door that led her to become a family with her brothers. Though they didn't do much together, she really liked hanging out with them.

Sighing, Ema opened the door.

"I'm back," Ema said silently.

As her voice resonated throughout the hall, she could hear the hushed silence that awaited her in the living room. Each one of them just as silent as the next as they held their breath.

"Y-Yo, Hinata..." Yuusuke stuttered, obviously nervous.

Ema looked around the room to see all the brothers gathered. They eyed her warily and cautiously as if she was just a stranger.

"I know what you guys all want to say," she said with eyes filled with grief. "I'll explain."

The brothers nodded. "Please explain," Ukyo said.

"I..." Ema began to say. "I'm Hinata Ema, but most commonly known as Kuran Yuki, the President of the number one game developing company internationally. That's why you couldn't find anything on me. I'm the adopted daughter of Hinata Rintarou and at the age of thirteen, I started my company. which is the one that Natsume-san works at, though I normally don't show up because I have other work to deal with such as writing manga. Developing games, checking on security, and developing connections with others is what I do at home." 

At the sudden information given, the brothers all held their breaths before sighing. 

"We've seen all the hints given to us but..." Ukyo said with a sigh.

"We never expected you to have such a high status," Masaomi finished. "It's honestly quite shocking. 

"Yeah..." Tsubaki said. "Little sister...you're pretty amazing, huh?" 

Ema could see the silent fear in their eyes as their gaze scurried around the room, longing to look at something other than Ema herself. Ema put an arm at her elbow and sunk her head low. She knew that something like this was going to happen sooner or later but even so, she didn't expect it to be this bad. Even the brother that she expected to understand her the most was silent. 

She looked towards Iori who only looked away. 

"Chii, can I ask you a question?" Louis said, his voice still as soothing and calm as always. 

Ema looked up in surprise to hear him still call her nickname. She looked at his eyes which held a warm and crystal clear gaze in them. She blinked her eyes a few times, trying to hold back her tears, before stuttering out a reply.