Chapter 12

"Please come this way," a staff said to Natsume and the others within his office. 

"Huh? O-Okay," Natsume replied. 

He looked towards Nishina only to receive the same confused look. Just as he was about to turn around to ask Kazamatsuri but somehow, he was way ahead of them. Natsume lifted his hand back down to his side and just continued following the staff, not minding to call his coworker out anymore. For he's the same as them. He wouldn't know anything. 

"This way," the staff said as she led them towards a door. 

"Nice door," Nishina commented. "Making it out of mahogany...the President must have a lot of money to be able to afford this." 

The door opened and before them sat a nervous and fearful bunch of directors who were trembling, not bothering to look up at the people who had just entered. Nishina and Natsume along with the others had spotted their director, only to see him scared out of his wits. In Natsume's point of view, they were all scared of the same thing. 

What could they be so scared about? he thought. 

His gaze shifted from the directors to the person who was sitting at the head of the table. As his eyes set upon her features, her face, and then her eyes, his eyes widened in response each time. The person who sat there was none other than Hinata Ema, his little sister. But...what shook him was that she wasn't the polite and gentle Ema he knew. Rather, she seemed...scarier. Her eyes weren't smiling and her lips formed a tight frown. Judging from the stoic faces of the people behind her, he could tell something big was going on. 

"Director Yamashita Tomi," she said, her voice as cold as ice. "Seeing that you refuse to accept that all this information is true, this is the first group of people I've gathered out of fifteen." 

Natsume looked towards the directors as they silently gulped. 

"Ema-sama has put spies in almost every branch. They act as her eyes and ears so don't think they would lie. They were specially trained by the Shi family," Hiroto said. 

"And the Shi family is absolutely loyal to Ema," Seiji concluded. 

"State your reports," Ema ordered. 

The first person stood up. He was one of Natsume's coworkers and was always one of the ordinary ones that went about their work like usual every day. For him to be a spy...he would've never expected that in a hundred years. That guy's usual ordinary personality soon changed into that of seriousness and grave. 

"Report! According to the information I've gathered from his personal computer, the office's, and following him, Saitama's Branch Office Director has been found to be taking bribes from Director Yamashita Tomi as well as engaging in illegal activities. As for what those activities may be, I've filed a report to Seien-sama," the man said before stepping back in life. "That concludes it!" 

"Anything else from the others?" Seien asked.

"Report!" Kazamatsuri said, stepping forward, his eyes blank and dark. 

"Kazamatsuri?" Natsume said, completely dumb-founded. 

"You're kidding, right?" Nishina murmured.

The usual bright and cheerful Kazamatsuri that Natsume knew as his coworker was replaced by a stranger. Now, he was anything but playful. He was dark and serious with a stern and austere expression. 

"Likewise reporting from Saitama's Branch Office, the Director has been abusing his rights as well as sexual harassing many of the workers. Not only that, according to the other branches, many fellow directors have also been doing the same thing. My report has been filed and recorded to Seien-sama. That concludes it," Kazamatsuri said.