17. Jade

The day seemed to flash by. Before I knew it, school was over for the day. It's weird. Whenever you're not looking forward to something, the day flies by. But, if you are looking forward to something, the day decides to slow down to the pace of a snail.
Today was the day. As I exited the school, I heard a small noise, like a whisper, I turned to look behind me. No one was there. Hmm... Must have been my imagination. Or was it? I turned and started to make my way to 924 7th Street.
When I got to the address, I realized that it was a hotel. I walked inside and up to the front desk.
"Are you Jade McClain?" The woman (her name tag said Janice) at the front desk asked.
"Umm. Yes..." I was very confused.
"Good. A man left this here for you earlier today," the woman handed me a letter.
"Thanks," I took the letter and opened it. I sat down on one of the chairs in the lobby. I pulled the paper out of the envelope. It said,
13-5-5-20  13-5  9-14  20-8-5  1-12-12-5-25.

It was a code, a number cypher to be exact. In a number cypher, you replace letters with numbers. Normally, a equals 1, b equals 2, and so on. After deciphering the message, it read:
Meet me in the alley.

I ran out of the hotel, and into the small alley way, between the hotel and the building next to it. I walked a few feet down the narrow space, to be greeted by a man in a hood, "Have you made your decision?"
So this was the agent they sent for me, "Yes, I have."
"And," he said.
"No. I won't join you."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I-I'm not joining you."
"Well. What. A. Shame." This guy was seriously creeping me out, right now. "Grab her." I felt two people grab hold of my arms. The people holding my arms, turned around slowly. What I saw shocked me. I saw six men. Each two, were holding one of my friends off the ground. That was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

Oooooooooo, DUN DUN DUN, 😮, and other ways to express shock. I am sad to say that this book, *sigh* will soon be ending. BUT! There will be a sequel. Maybe. I'm still debating on whether or not I will do it. On that happy note, BAI!!!!!!!