Part 42

"Anyway's you know your new crew?" James states after a while of staring out the window at nothing in particular.

"Who?" I ask as I look over at him.

"Clyd and Clark" He stated as he continued to look out. His eye brows were furrowed as if he was concentrating on one of our trigonometry questions.

"Oh yeah. What about them?" I asked looking back out side. My mind kept wondering to what I should do to end all this.

"Well they were freaking out at school. Like full on freak out about you not being there. Clark, oh dear god. She was storming into every class looking for you. Like five teachers gave her detentions. Then there was Clyd. Now you know Clyd usually can make Clark calm down and be less Clark. Well he didn't do that."

"What did he do?" I asked as I looked down at my hands recalling how I acted around them. How frightened I must have looked. How crazy they must think I am.

"Well the first day he stopped her from getting ten detentions but the next day he changed. He just sat there. All day he would just sit in his seat staring out the windows."

"How is that weird? He never pays attention"

"He went to every class instead of hanging out with his friends. He ignored Clark like she didn't even exist."

"Isnt he always with someone weather its his sister or his friends?" I ask.

"Yeah and then suddenly he just walked passed them. His head down on glancing around once and a while as if he was searching for something." James said.

"Your so exaggerating this story." I said as I smiled at him.

"Not really, Sky. Honestly it was as if he was another person."

"I bet he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Who cares anyways, its not like I'm actually friends with them and you aren't friends with them. I just met them, there is no reason to be concerned." Right?

"Well that's the um, Clyd and Clark are kind of my cousins..." James stated as he looked at me. "So we are kind of close."

"Well, I'm not close to either of them so I'm not going to care right now, not when my whole body is aching." I stated as I grabbed the blanket laying near by. I covered my body while he thought.

"Okay, anyway he was talking to me about how he may have hurt you or something? He said that he might be the reason you weren't going to school, but that's obviously not true." He stated as he looked at me. "Should I tell him it is his fault or should I tell him what really happened to you?" He asked.

"How about neither." I said as I clung to the blanket for warmth. Nobody needed to know the truth not even James, yet he does. Well he kind of does? I mean he doesn't know my brother was with Henry or that I slipped in the tub or that I had more than the usual flashbacks this week.

"Then what the hell am I going to tell him? He knows that we are friends." He stated.

"We are not friends. You left! You ditched me once you found someone knew!" I shouted as I looked at him. I cant believe anyone thinks we are friends. We never hang out or anything. Not anymore anyways. "Why does he think we are friends?"

"Shut up Sky. We are friends and he knows because I told him. I told him since I'm your best friend Id go check in on you and make sure you were okay."

"So you only showed up here because your cousin was torn up that I didn't want to see him or his sister? You say you are my best friend but you didn't even care that I wasn't at school."

"Well no. I was worried but I figured Blake came home early and decided to take you out of school for a little. Then Clyd wouldn't shut up when I went over to visit like usual so I told him I would go check up on you." he stated as he looked at me. I knew he was lying, he knows Blake can never get home early not in his line of work. Its almost impossible for him to come home early.

"Sure" I stated as I looked away from him. HE was telling me a whole lot of bullshit tonight.

"What should I tell Clyd and Clark? They are expecting a report about you at some point." I looked at him thinking he was joking but he wasn't. "They almost came along with me, but I figured you wouldn't want that. I'm going to assume I was right."

"Just tell them I got hit by a car and I'll be back on Monday. That will explain all the bruises and why I wasn't able to go to school." I said as I stared out into the night. It was silent, not one tree was moving. There was no wind out tonight unlike the tornado appearing in my mind.

"Are you sure?" He asked, I could feel his eyes as they watched me. I nodded quickly as the tornado in my mind started to become stronger. It was only a matter of time before the tornado whisks me away to a world of freedom, away from the pain. "Okay Sky." his voice echoed in my mind mixing into the tornado. Everything seemed to spin around me. The tornado was spinning everything around, instead of seeing my reflection in the glass, I saw darkness as my eyes closed.