"What is that?"

"My dad's birthday."

"I got a tiny shark!" Ash enthuses and I chuckle.

"I got a tiny fish in the same place Ash got her shark." I say pointing at the tiny tattoo on my right wrist, barely a centimeter below my hand, in line with my pinkie, same spot as Ash's.

"Why?" Alex asks and I shrug.

"They say matching tattoos are a mistake, so we got a set piece. To illustrate the fact that she's protected me like a shark would a smaller fish these past few years." I explain and everyone nods. 

"Then we went and played soccer on the UGA campus. In the quad. We had fun." Ash says and I nod.

"Yeah, we did." I say and Tobin kisses my temple.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." She says and I smile.

At practice later, we start off by singing happy birthday to Tobin as we get off the bus before getting into the actual practice.

-
Tobin
-

I smile as I get to the hotel room I share with Y/N after practice, and wrap her in my arms, kissing her cheek.

"This was the best birthday I think I've ever had." I say and Y/N smiles at me.

"Aw, babe, really?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. I got to spend it with you and our amazing family on this team, I can finally hold you and kiss you and love on you in public, I woke up next to you this morning, I'd say it's going pretty damn good so far." I say and smile when Y/N smiles.

"My girlfriend is 30. Wow." Y/N says and smiles, stepping away from me. "You're old now, we've gotta break up." She says and I laugh, wrapping her back in my arms and pulling her to lay with me on the bed.

"You're funny. Thinking you'd actually leave me." I say and Y/N sighs, resting her head on my chest, her left hand splayed languidly over my stomach.

"Yeah, you're right, you're stuck with me." Y/N says and I smile.

"Either way, babe, you'll be 27 in 12 days, so what would be the point of us breaking up?"

"To see how much we've actually come to depend on one another." Y/N says and I chuckle.

"I've got the answer to that one." I say and Y/N hums. "So much the girls say it's unhealthy."

"But they always call us cute." Y/N says and I laugh a little.

"You're not actually listening to them, are you?"

"Fuck no. We're happy. That's all that should matter." She says and I kiss her forehead.

"I really hope the team has nothing planned for tonight, I just want to stay in and spend time with you." I say and Y/N smiles a little at me.

"You're cute." She says and I shrug.

"I've gotta be, my girlfriend gives me some feirce ass competition." I say and Y/N smiles at me.

"Do I? I didn't notice." Y/N says and I smile at her.

"Remember how you weren't wanting to do anything tonight?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Ash planned a big birthday dinner for you and you are going. Even if I have to drag you there." She says and I sigh.

At the birthday dinner, that took place in the conference room of the hotel, I smiled as Y/N wrapped her arms around me from behind, since we were all just being idiots while we waited for the food, because Ash trusted Kling with ordering the food, and Kling forgot until the last minute, but I don't mind.