Chapter 26

*Jhanvi Pov*

"Mom!" I glanced up and turned my head to see Lakshmi walking near to me with a frown covering her little face.

"Dad?" she asked and I pulled her in my arms before hugging her tightly.

"He went out for work. Will you have breakfast?" I asked and she nodded before moving a little.

"School?" she asked after some time when we still were having food and I am not even rushing her.

"Not going!" I replied and she slowly nodded.

I sat there after she walked away to her room and then suddenly stood up. I am not going to let him go like this no matter what.

First, I need to know where did he even go. I rushed to our room and started searching all his things before getting only a few brochures in my hands.

I was about to throw them away, but stilled looking at them. I numbly walked to the bed and sat down, staring at them.

"Madam! Two people are here to see you." Suddenly Maid announced and I nodded her to make them sit on the couch.

I brushed my tears away and walked out still holding the brochures only to see Kalpana and Pallavi sitting on the couch.

"Jhanvi! I will scold you later, but for now will hug you." Saying this Pallavi hugged me and I immediately broke down.

"Jhanvi!" they both said with worry and made me sit on the couch.

"What are you both doing here?" I asked, brushing my tears away but they are not stopping.

"Pallavi wanted to meet you and today Sudhir is fine to go to school. So, I took her there but didn't find you or Lakshmi as we were waiting for a long time. In the end, we decided to come here." Kalpana explained.

"You should have come here directly." I mumbled, not understanding their long work.

"Pallavi is not so open for Jay and she is angry at him." She mumbled simply but hearing his name I closed my eyes feeling the hurt.

"Did he hurt you?" Pallavi asked in an anger tone.

"Were you angry with Manohar too?" I asked turning towards her only to see a guilty expression.

"She is Manohar's sister." Kalpana stated and I took turns to stare at both of them in shock.

"She was also part of the plan to look after me and pass information if I need anything." She added and I shook my head.

"Then why is she angry at Jay?" I asked her frowning.

"Well, as usual, they both brother and sister end the answer with kidnap. Now, tell me what did he do?" she asked and I sniffed.

"You should ask what did I do." I replied and she frowned.

"Well?" she asked and I showed her the brochures.

"Here, he is bringing all the houses in an area near to my work place and Lakshmi's school. But I..." I trailed off.

"What happened?" she asked, holding my hand passing away the brochures to Pallavi.

"Every time I did everything without thinking about his feelings much. I kept on pointing all his mistakes even after he accepted each and everything. Today I went to an extent saying, it would have been same for him whether it is me or someone else in my place." I replied hugging her and bit my lip to stop crying.

"Shh... but why did you say that?" she asked and I moved back brushing my tears away.

"You said he always wanted a family and I felt like that's all he wants not considering what people involving it." I replied and she groaned.