Chapter 9

*Jay Pov*

"It's nice to see you both here again and she is well." Madam said, smiling at us when we walked inside with Jhanvi little slowly.

"It is because of Lakshmi I think." I said, smiling and she gave me a shock look.

"After that day, she was recovering." I added not wishing to give away the details when I don't have any right to.

If she wants to tell someone of her ailing then she will. I thought and glanced at Jhanvi to see her looking around.

"Can we meet the children?" I asked the madam.

"Lakshmi!" Jhanvi added and I hid my smile as I wanted to see whether she will talk or not because of which I asked that question.

"Yes! Please come with us." She said and called for an attender.

"Where is she?" Jhanvi asked, looking around to see that she is not there.

"She must be here somewhere. You can meet other kids in the meantime." I replied, looking at the door and turned back to see her already talking to a few kids.

I walked out of the playroom to see some other kids and glanced at the man who brought us bringing Lakshmi with him.

"I will take her inside." I said, holding her hand and saw that she is still wobbly on her legs.

"You could have lifted her up, right?" I asked him frowning.

"She doesn't like someone to do it from the time she was able to even move an inch on her own." He explained back and I nodded at his words.

"So, you are just like here. She too doesn't like being lifted anymore by the time she was able to move." I continued to speak entering the room only to stop seeing a person staring at me.

"What? She is really like you." I added understanding she heard my words.

It is better to put it more across than clear it off I think. She frowned more, but stilled when Lakshmi walked near her and held her hand.

They both sat at a corner and smiled a little with little lip movements from Jhanvi but it felt like they both are communicating not just little.

When it is time for Lakshmi to have her dinner as informed by attender, I walked near to them and mumbled, "We need to go."

With great reluctance Jhanvi stood up, but Lakshmi held her holding the leg of hers. Jhanvi kissed her forehead and made her release before walking away ahead of me.

"Sorry!" I mumbled kissing her forehead and walked out to see her still walking to the car slowly.

"We stayed more than the time that is allowed to us. If not for the donation, then we would have been asked to leave." I said after we both got inside the car and she snorted.

"The meaning behind it?" I asked, but she stayed silent.

So, it is back to the silence. However, I was wrong because the next day there was the same request to go and visit Lakshmi and the next day and the next day for the next ten days.

"Are you ready? We need to go to the doctor." I said, knocking on her door.

"I don't want to go." She replied.

"I stayed back today from the office to take you. Just get ready and come." I said walking back.

"We didn't see Lakshmi for last two days." She stated walking to the couch.

"I was busy and so I came late to the house. I should have told you. You must have waited, but you should have told me yesterday." I said, frowning, but she just shrugged making me sigh.